Is there a California Tax Rate Module for Miva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a California Tax Rate Module for Miva

Is there a way for Miva to recognize a City/State Tax rate?

For example we can not charge the same rate for all the state of California.

For Example: Acampo, CA 7.75 %
    Acton, CA 9.50 %
    Avalon, CA 10.00 %

Are there Tax Modules for Miva that automatically calculate the tax rates for all the various cities and states in the USA.?

Who are all the vendors (not just 1) that specialize in tax modules?

I found an old topic that says this but there was no other replies after that so I don't know if any of these ideas are viable:

I found 4 modules: TaxCloud, AccurateTax, Avalara and eMediaSales/TDS.

Are those actual Miva modules that have been shown to work with Miva and where can we find out more about them?

I hope someone can supply advice and/or modules that are Miva compatible that actually work.

The only way to get accurate tax reporting is to use a 'service'. Those modules mentioned act as 'front ends' to a service. None of them are 'from' Miva, though Miva may have written the actual front end module. All work, and almost all of those four are different 'flavors'. What works best for you is going to depend on many different elements. So, you'll have to compare their benefits/costs.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

I understand (sort of) that part.

Now I found some possible solutions in the Miva App store:

https://apps.miva.com/sales-tax.html

They are not 'from' Miva but since they are in the Miva App store does that mean they are at least Miva sanctioned and that somebody has used them with Miva.

Now I guess the store owner can look at these and decide what sounds right and make the connection.

I was hoping that somebody might be able to say something like:

We have the same or similar issue with applying various state taxes in our store.

From the Miva App store I used the XYZ solution and it works fine with Miva.

or

Instead of using one of the solutions from the Miva App store I used the XYZ product and it works fine with Miva.

Comment

I can tell you we built and maintain the TaxJar module, it's probably the best integrated Sales Tax service module today for Miva, we also maintain the current Avalara module, but it's outdated and we're in the middle of building a brand new one to be out in the next couple months that will put it on par with our relatively new TaxJar module.

For right now those are the 2 service modules we plan on fully supporting/maintaining.

The AccurateTax module should also be bulletproof as it's built by Susan and co at NetBlazon and it's also their company, they know Miva inside and out, so I'd trust is just as much.

Finally the eMedia module should be solid, considering their Miva knowledge, but I know the least about that module.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by joseibarra View Post
          I understand (sort of) that part.

Now I found some possible solutions in the Miva App store:

https://apps.miva.com/sales-tax.html

They are not 'from' Miva but since they are in the Miva App store does that mean they are at least Miva sanctioned and that somebody has used them with Miva.

Now I guess the store owner can look at these and decide what sounds right and make the connection.

I was hoping that somebody might be able to say something like:

We have the same or similar issue with applying various state taxes in our store.

From the Miva App store I used the XYZ solution and it works fine with Miva.

or

Instead of using one of the solutions from the Miva App store I used the XYZ product and it works fine with Miva.
          Well, its sort of like asking, "what kind of car should i buy for driving in California"....its too broad of a question. The cost of the various services are as broad as a new car purchase...it all depends on what YOUR needs are and what YOUR ROI will be. Honestly, i think you need to look into each one of those and create your own metric.
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

We are in Florida which has different sales tax surcharges based on county. We have been using the Accurate Tax module for years in our Miva store with no issues.

Comment

Thanks - I will pass these useful replies to the store owner.

Comment

We implemented TaxJar on Oct, 1 2019. Pleased with the support that was given by TaxJar so far. We have imported all of our sales for 2018 thru Sept 2019 using their import function. After doing that we have run their nexus report to determine where we have economic nexus. From our current experience with TaxJar we would recommend them.
                Larry
                Luce Kanun Web Design
                www.facebook.com/wajake41
                www.plus.google.com/116415026668025242914/posts?hl=en

Comment

Working...
                X