Redirect based on Availability Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redirect based on Availability Group

I need to redirect customers who are part of an Availability Group to a specific section of the website if they click on any tab or menu in my ready theme. How would I go about this and where would I write the code for this?

Thank you

You could wrap a meta refresh directive in the availability group conditional. That would need to go in the Head Tag template.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Bruce,

Awesome, how do I do that? My company refuses to hire a Web Developer so I'm teaching myself as I go

Thank you

Comment

I know I'm asking a lot but I have to figure this out myself.

I looked through the forums and found another post with a setup I think I can use

Code:
        <mvt:comment>Load Availability Group by Name</mvt:comment> <mvt:do file="g.Module_Feature_AGR_DB" name="l.success" value="AvailabilityGroup_Load_Name('MyAvailGroupNa me', g.availabilitygroup)" /> <mvt:comment>Check if customer is assigned to the group</mvt:comment> <mvt:do file="g.Module_Feature_AGR_DB" name="l.success" value="AvailGroupXCustomer_Load(g.availabilitygrou p:id, g.basket:cust_id, l.settings:availgroupxcustomer)" /> <mvt:if expr="NOT ISNULL l.settings:availgroupxcustomer:agrp_id"> //Customer is part of the availability group <mvt:else> //customer is not part of the availability Group </mvt:if> I think I can alter this to make this work I'm just not that confident and could use some guidance.

Any assistance anyone could give would be greatly appreciated

Thank you,

Comment

This goes in the head

Code:
          <mvt:comment>Load Availability Group by Name</mvt:comment> 
          <mvt:do file="g.Module_Feature_AGR_DB" name="l.success" value="AvailabilityGroup_Load_Name('MyAvailGroupName', g.availabilitygroup)" /> 

<mvt:comment>Check if customer is assigned to the group</mvt:comment> 
          <mvt:do file="g.Module_Feature_AGR_DB" name="l.success" value="AvailGroupXCustomer_Load(g.availabilitygroup:id, g.basket:cust_id, l.settings:availgroupxcustomer)" /> 
          <mvt:if expr="NOT ISNULL l.settings:availgroupxcustomer:agrp_id">
          <meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0;url=https://your-domain.com/path-of-the-url">
          </mvt:if>
          Make sure you change the availability group name and redirect path. The '0;' in front of the redirect path is how much delay to add.
          Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Bruce,

Thank you.

If I wanted to make the redirect conditional, based on someone clicking a category in the left navigation set or the ReadyTheme Navigation set, could I write an additional if statement like this:

```
            <mvt:do file="g.Module_Feature_AGR_DB" name="l.success" value="AvailabilityGroup_Load_Name('Tiered Dealers', g.availabilitygroup)" />

<mvt:do file="g.Module_Feature_AGR_DB" name="l.success" value="AvailGroupXCustomer_Load(g.availabilitygrou p:id, g.basket:cust_id, l.settings:availgroupxcustomer)" />
            <mvt:if expr="l.settings:cattree_category:name EQ 'In Stock'">
            <meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0;url=https://www.tacticalholsters.com/category/dealers/">
            ```
            Last edited by iiams571; 08-22-19, 10:03 AM.

Comment

invert the code a bit.

test for the category code (just use IF l.settings:category:code EQ 'cat-code'), then run the availability test

mostly because the availability test takes longer.
              Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Like this?

<mvt:do file="g.Module_Feature_AGR_DB" name="l.success" value="AvailabilityGroup_Load_Name('Tiered Dealers', g.availabilitygroup)" />

<mvt:if l.settings:cattree_category:code EQ 'In-Stock'>
                <mvt:do file="g.Module_Feature_AGR_DB" name="l.success" value="AvailGroupXCustomer_Load(g.availabilitygrou p:id, g.basket:cust_id, l.settings:availgroupxcustomer)" />
                <meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0;url=https://www.tacticalholsters.com/category/dealers/">

Comment

close

Code:
                  <mvt:if l.settings:cattree_category:code EQ 'In-Stock'>
                  Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thank you,

I tried the code and I'm getting a syntax error. (Image included)

Says:

at 69:9 - 69:9 - syntax error, unexpected IDENTIFIER, expecting EXPR

Attached Files

Comment

You where missing the expression term in the mvt:if

Code:

<mvt:comment>Load Availability Group by Name</mvt:comment>  <mvt:if expr="l.settings:cattree_category:code EQ 'In-Stock'">    <mvt:comment>Check if customer is assigned to the group</mvt:comment>     <mvt:do file="g.Module_Feature_AGR_DB" name="l.success" value="AvailabilityGroup_Load_Name('Tiered Dealers', g.availabilitygroup)" />     <mvt:do file="g.Module_Feature_AGR_DB" name="l.success" value="AvailGroupXCustomer_Load(g.availabilitygrou p:id, g.basket:cust_id, l.settings:availgroupxcustomer)" />     <mvt:if expr="NOT ISNULL l.settings:availgroupxcustomer:agrp_id">       <meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0;url=https://www.tacticalholsters.com/category/dealers/">    </mvt:if> </mvt:if>
                      Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Bruce,

Still not working to redirect. In fact does nothing at all.

I think what I need is someone who can look at my setup with me over a conference call and advise or assist directly.

Do you know any freelance coders that could assist me over a screenshare with writing the conditionals with me directly

Thank you,

Comment

I'd offer, but pretty booked up at the moment. You can try the 'For Hire' forum or even ask Miva Support. They don't usually handle custom work, but in your case, i think its just a matter of you missing a something in the code.

As for trouble shooting: If you are logged into the availability group, and go to the intended category, do you see the meta redirect tag? or is the logic to display that tag not working.
                          Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Bruce,

When logged in I don't see the meta redirect tag if I go to the Intended Category.

I checked with Miva Support and they said they don't do any coding so I can to the Forums.

I'll search in the For Hire section.

Thank you for all your help

Comment

Working...
                            X