Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPS Rate Codes

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the UPS Rate Code controls in the Developer Kit Settings and what this bit of text that sits below it refers to.?...

"Please note: Subsequent registrations for UPS Developer Kit will change the UPS Rate Code within this application. In the event Negotiated Rates functionality was enabled under a previous UPS Rate Code, the Negotiated Rates functionality will be disabled."

The reason I ask is that I've just set up the UPS shipping in a store like I've done numerous times, but this time I'm not getting negotiated rates. I've used this particular account in other stores with no problem. And, yes I have made sure the products have proper weights and that the ship-to address is valid and all that. I am getting published rates, they are just way too high. I also suspect that something is a miss because if I uncheck the negotiated rates checkbox, the rate stays the same.

So, looking at the message, I noticed that it mentions the Negotiated Rates functionality being disabled. But I'm not sure what is meant by "Subsequent registrations for UPS Developer Kit". Is that referring to the process of authenticating/updating another account by going to the "Manage UPS Profile"?

Thanks,
    Tony Pavao
    Studio6t6
    Vancouver BC Canada
    [email protected]

As a guess, it looks like UPS is tightening up its security, and an account with negotiated rates can only be used in a single store ... in most cases. The text you quoted doesn't explain how to resolve this. Maybe you can still use one account in multiple stores, but you have to contact them to arrange it.

HTH --
    Kent Multer
    Magic Metal Productions
    http://TheMagicM.com
    * Web developer/designer
    * E-commerce and Miva
    * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

Thanks for your input, Kent. I'm trying to recall if that message has always been there or if it was just added after a recent Miva update. I may submit a ticket to support and see if they know of any security changes. As well as contact UPS as you suggested.
      Tony Pavao
      Studio6t6
      Vancouver BC Canada
      [email protected]

Comment

Working...
      X