Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InvincibleRecordings
    replied
    Kent to answer your question they are not even entering many of the address lines, and what they do enter is all nonsense so it seems they are simply malicious. This could lead to a lot of data to remove at some point but maybe its no big deal and easy to do?. Oliverands - that Phosphor Media Easy Account seems like it could work. Wish is did not have the yearly fee (it is small - 20 bucks) though and having to change the basic Shadows workings is not a plus for me - makes the programming a lot more confusing going forward for hired programmers. I am not very good at programming and having things pretty stock does make things clearer.

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied
    Originally posted by InvincibleRecordings View Post
    Someone is creating new fake customers accounts over and over again. I am using the Shadows Theme - Anyway to stop this? Thanks
    Would adding reCaptcha help? If it's a bot, perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• oliverands
    replied
    It's not a quick and simple fix, but you can remove the ability to create a new account from your site by pulling that code from any page template where it occurs and then installing the Phosphor Media Easy Account module, which allows automatic creation of account at the end of the purchase process. No new accounts created unless there is a purchase first. Added bonus is that it creates a more friendly checkout experience, IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• Kent Multer
    replied
    I wonder why someone would do this? Are you seeing any attempts to check out with these bogus accounts? Maybe some crook is trying to check the validity of stolen credit-card numbers.

Leave a comment:

• Someone is creating new fake customers accounts

Someone is creating new fake customers accounts over and over again. I am using the Shadows Theme - Anyway to stop this? Thanks
Working...
X