Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Searching for one particular item code returns no results.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Searching for one particular item code returns no results.

    My site: storesmart.com

    I've discovered a product that won't come up in search results when I search for its code.

    The item code is R8-1.

    If I enter the product name into the search:
    4 Page Booklet
    ...the product in question shows up:
    https://www.storesmart.com/product-s...4+Page+Booklet

    Great. Perfect. But if I copy that item number and paste it into the search...
    R8-1
    ...I get no results.
    https://www.storesmart.com/product-s...ml?Search=R8-1

    Any ideas on this?
    Doug
    Using Miva Merchant since 2004
    StoreSMART.com
    ScrapSMART.com

  • Did you solve this? Searching R8-1 worked for me.

    Comment


    • Huh. It works for me today. Is there a delay between updating products and having them show up in a search?

      This issue arose because I want to make this product inactive, and I want to put its item code in the description of a similar product so any customers searching for the old product will find the new product. (I do have product descriptions set to be searchable.)

      But when I add the old item code to the new product's description, and I do a search for the old code, the new item won't come up.
      Doug
      Using Miva Merchant since 2004
      StoreSMART.com
      ScrapSMART.com

      Comment


      • Originally posted by VisHorizons View Post
        Huh. It works for me today. Is there a delay between updating products and having them show up in a search?

        This issue arose because I want to make this product inactive, and I want to put its item code in the description of a similar product so any customers searching for the old product will find the new product. (I do have product descriptions set to be searchable.)

        But when I add the old item code to the new product's description, and I do a search for the old code, the new item won't come up.
        HI VisHorizons

        In mm9.7 we added Product lists and search caching to improve runtime loading performance. So there will be a delay in some cases when making changes to product codes or descriptions.

        You can manually clear the product list cache in your store by going to Store settings > scheduled tasks and running the “Delete Cached Product List Entries” task. It is set to run only once every 4 hours by default.

        Also depending on what kind of change was made you might need to change the task to “delete all cached product lists” instead of just the expired cached product lists.

        Hope this helps

        -Eric
        Eric Foresman
        Software Tester
        Miva Merchant
        http://www.mivamerchant.com/
        [email protected]

        Comment


        • Fantastic! Thanks for the info. My searches are coming up properly now. It's great that this is a scheduled task, in case I forget to run it after future product updates.
          Doug
          Using Miva Merchant since 2004
          StoreSMART.com
          ScrapSMART.com

          Comment

          Working...
          X

          This website uses cookies to identify visitors, track visitors to our website, store login session information and to remember your user preferences. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

          This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

          Accept