Hiding Products From Feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiding Products From Feed

I'm trying to write logic for a checkbox custom field. Simple, IF CHECKED, show this product in the feed. I'm banging my head against a wall not able to get it to work....

HTML Code:
    <mvt:if expr="l.settings:record:inventory NE '0' AND l.settings:record:customfield:wwefeed EQ 'Yes'">Show it</mvt:if>
    Anyone tell me what moronic thing I'm doing wrong?
    Ted Hust
    AarcMediaGroup.com

Celebrating 13 Years of Outstanding Service & Support
    Miva Merchant Design

its a boolen field so it should return on 1 or nothing...so, i just use

<mvt:if expr="l.settings:pm:thisCheckbox">

or

<mvt:if expr="NOT(l.settings:pm:thisCheckbox)">

cause its less typing
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

I'd take a closer look at the other half of the expression, l.settings:record:inventory. If that's coming up zero every time, it will prevent the records from being shown.

Also, are you sure that l.settings:record:customfield:wwefeed is the correct variable name? IIRC, Miva custom fields used to require a longer expression, something like l.settings:record:customfield_values:customfields: wwefeed.

HTH --
      Kent Multer
      Magic Metal Productions
      http://TheMagicM.com
      * Web developer/designer
      * E-commerce and Miva
      * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

I second Bruce's point, the checkbox is a boolean, so simply testing for the existence will return the result you want.

Two additional points
        - I strongly recommend using less than or equal to (LE) on your inventory test, just a CYA in the event that an item is oversold and ends up with a negative inventory level.
        - Is the custom field selected to be included in the feed? I'm guilty of overlooking this quite often.

HTML Code:
          <mvt:if expr="NOT(l.settings:record:inventory LE '0') AND l.settings:record:customfield:wwefeed">Show it</mvt:if>
        Last edited by kocourek; 10-11-19, 06:19 AM.

Comment

What through me was in the back end, it shows as No or Yes, so I was thinking that may be the actual value, because I am able to put anything in that field I want.

Also, yes I tried the version that also included customfield_values and that didn't work either, hence me trying the shorter version.

I'll try the suggestions here and will report back.
          Ted Hust
          AarcMediaGroup.com

Celebrating 13 Years of Outstanding Service & Support
          Miva Merchant Design

Comment

Token List should show what the actual variables available are.
            Bruce Golub
            Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
            X