No announcement yet.

Points & Loyalty Module is now Live!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't really want to spend the time to write that code so I will just wait until it is an option.
    Chris Dye
    http://www.kseriesparts.com

Comment

Another issue that I've encountered while trying to migrate from Sebenza Points to Miva Points is that Miva does not allow for a redemption rate that has more than 2 places to the right of the zero.

Somewhere along the line when researching reward points best practices I read that it was more favorable to have a larger number of points earned per transaction (like airline miles) so my existing point structure in the Sebenza module rewards 20 points per dollar spent. For redemption the Sebenza module is set to reward $1. for 500 points (so, .002 cents per point) that will calculate fractionally and round to the nearest cent.

At the moment it appears that it won't be possible for this same point structure to carry over to Miva's new module.

Brennan any suggestions on a workaround, or might this be addressed in v.2?
      Psydde Delicious
      Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
      Philadelphia, PA
      www.DeliciousBoutique.com
      www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
        Viscott Another option after talking to our dev team would be to just always hide the points payment method for your wholesale customers. So they could still technically accrue points, but would never be able to use them as that payment method would always be excluded.
        Thanks Brennan!
        Jon

Viscott Limited
        www.viscott.com

Comment

delcorsets I'm not sure there is an easy solution to that when using the per point method of redemption without changing your point accrual amount. Miva itself only supports 2 decimal places currently.

However, you could use the Fixed Point redemption method. Then you can define tiers where 500 = $1.00. Keep in mind with fixed redemption, customers can only redeem those specific tiers so you'll need setup a bunch of different tiers otherwise customers will only be able to redeem $1.00 at a time. For example you could so:

2500 = $5.00
          5000 = $10.00
          10,000 = $20.00

etc.
          Brennan Heyde
          VP Product
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

Comment

Is there a better way to get the points that a basket should give than doing a loop over each product individually and getting a total? I feel like there should be a function to get basket point total.
            Code:
            <mvt:foreach iterator="item" array="basket:items">
            <mvt:item name="points" param="Product_Points( l.settings:basket, l.settings:item, 0, 0, l.settings:item:quantity, l.settings:product:points_information )" />
            <mvt:assign name="l.settings:point_total" value="l.settings:point_total + l.settings:product:points_information:points_total" />

Comment

If you not doing exclusions or changes by product, then you could just use l.setting:global_minibasket:total to calculate the points acquired. If there are any product level settings then you'll have to run through the basket items individually.
              Bruce Golub
              Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
              phosphormedia.com

Comment

We may add a single function in the future, but for now, you have to loop though each product and add the point totals to be the total for the basket.
                Brennan Heyde
                VP Product
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]
                https://www.miva.com

Comment

Bruce - PhosphorMedia I was thinking about doing just that but currently you cant rely on the accuracy of the points. Thats actually what im trying to fix with some template code. I posted this a few days ago and sent it off to our account manager, i think the numbers are not rounding correctly. (Below is a quote of my post) I will post the complete template code for adjusting the points for rounding, as well as some code to adjust for not generating points when you spend points. Basically if you spend 100 points ($10) on a $100 order it will add another line item to your points saying something like "Adjustment for not earning points when spending points - 10 points" or whatever the point multipliers are for your store. But thank you for the reply.

Brennan Sounds great :D. I know this module was on github for a while while it was Tess's personal project, will we ever see this be added to the Merchant source file, or have any access to the source in the future? Thanks for the reply

Originally posted by Beefy Nugget View Post
                  I think there is also a slight bug or rounding error with the points. Our current settings are to offer 3points per dollar on an item. When a customer adds two quantity of an item wih a value of $1.50, it should award them 9 points but it currently only offers 8. My guess is that its doing the rounding prior to multiplying the quantity. So 1.5 x3 -> 4.50 then it rounds down to 4, then runs the same item again for another 4 and adds them. Instead of just doing 1.5x3 -> 4.5x2 -> Round

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy Nugget View Post
                    I think there is also a slight bug or rounding error with the points. Our current settings are to offer 3points per dollar on an item. When a customer adds two quantity of an item wih a value of $1.50, it should award them 9 points but it currently only offers 8. My guess is that its doing the rounding prior to multiplying the quantity. So 1.5 x3 -> 4.50 then it rounds down to 4, then runs the same item again for another 4 and adds them. Instead of just doing 1.5x3 -> 4.5x2 -> Round
                    Hi Beefy Nugget.

I have field a bug for this issue, thanks for letting us know about it.

-Eric
                    Last edited by Eric Foresman; 10-24-19, 09:47 AM.
                    Eric Foresman
                    Software Tester
                    Miva Merchant
                    http://www.mivamerchant.com/
                    [email protected]

Comment

Currently, we are using the Point system that was part of Bill's Coupon Redemption module. Using that system we are able to limit what products are eligible to be purchased using points.

Eligible Products:
                      ATEP-*|PPC-*|PTC-*|NRT-*|DQB-*|

So they can only use the points for our products starting with these codes

-i.e. ATEP-97818, DQB-72538 but not SSC-SPR-2000-2187.

Is there a way to do something like this in the new module?
                      Last edited by habreu; 11-05-19, 02:24 PM.

Comment

I dont think there is a system in place that lets you do it quite like that, but you should be able to export the products to flat file and reupload with the can not purchase with points flag checked.

Comment

Originally posted by habreu View Post
                          Currently, we are using the Point system that was part of Bill's Coupon Redemption module. Using that system we are able to limit what products are eligible to be purchased using points.

Eligible Products:
                          ATEP-*|PPC-*|PTC-*|NRT-*|DQB-*|

So they can only use the points for our products starting with these codes

-i.e. ATEP-97818, DQB-72538 but not SSC-SPR-2000-2187.

Is there a way to do something like this in the new module?

If there are a lot of products, it might be easier to create a temp page copy of the product list template, remove everything from the "<foreach iterator="products"> loop and replace it with:

<mvt:if expr="substring(l.settings:product:code, 1, 5) EQ 'ATEP-')">

<mvt:item name="customfields" param="Write_Product_Code( l.settings:product:code, not-eligible', '1' )" />

<mvt:elseif expr="substring(l.settings:product:code, 1, 4) EQ 'PPC-')">

etc.
                          Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Is there a way to exclude earning new points on an order redeemed with points?

Comment

Does that happen? Points should be rewarded only on the actual 'dollars' spent. So if they ordered $100, used 50 in reward points, then they SHOULD earn reward points on the $50 they spent. (if not, then this is a bug.)
                              Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

It looks like it happens.. here is an example. I gave myself enough points, then bought something, and it looks like the purchase applied new points to the account. Brennan any ideas?

points1.png
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X