Adding and Updating Products via XML Import / Export Provisioning.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • William Davis
    Mega Mivite









    • Apr 2006
    • 2128

    #1

    Adding and Updating Products via XML Import / Export Provisioning.

    Is it possible to add and/or update products via XML Import / Export provisioning?

    If so, where can I find documentation on how to do same?
    Thank you, Bill Davis
  • Beefy Nugget
    Mini Mivite



    • Oct 2017
    • 70

    #2
    I think you might be looking for this
    https://docs.miva.com/xml/product_add

    For Adding Product
    Code:
     [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]<Product_Add>[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [/TD]
     			[TD]<Code>ale-gallon</Code>[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [/TD]
     			[TD]<SKU>sku</SKU>[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [/TD]
     			[TD]<Name><![CDATA[Ale, gallon jug]]></Name>[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [/TD]
     			[TD]<Price>2.00</Price>[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [/TD]
     			[TD]<Cost>1.50</Cost>[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [/TD]
     			[TD]<Weight>8.00</Weight>[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [/TD]
     			[TD]<Description><![CDATA[A gallon jug of quality ale.]]></Description>[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [/TD]
     			[TD]<Taxable>Yes</Taxable>[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [/TD]
     			[TD]<Active>Yes</Active>[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [/TD]
     			[TD]<CanonicalCategoryCode>food</CanonicalCategoryCode>[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [/TD]
     			[TD]<AlternateDisplayPage>PROD</AlternateDisplayPage>[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [/TD]
     			[TD]<ThumbnailImage></ThumbnailImage>[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [/TD]
     			[TD]<FullSizeImage></FullSizeImage>[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [/TD]
     			[TD]<PageTitle>This is my page title</PageTitle>[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [/TD]
     			[TD]</Product_Add>[/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    For Updating Product
    Code:
    <Product_Update code="[pCode]"><Code>[pCode]</Code><SKU>[SKU]</SKU></Product_Update>
    Interesting enough I cant find the doc for updating on docs.miva. But the tags should be the same as the ones in the product add
    Last edited by Beefy Nugget; 10-12-19, 08:48 AM.

    Comment

    • William Davis
      Mega Mivite









      • Apr 2006
      • 2128

      #3
      What program can I use to open and edit XML files. I've used Excel in the past, works great, but this time I getting the following error:

      "Xml processing failed. Either the input is invalid or it isn't supported. (Internal error: There are multiple root elements. Line 15, position 2.)", same error message with MS XML Notepad 2007.

      I don't believe its an editor error, but per a different editor might give me the opportunity to address the error issue.

      Any suggestion on editors and/or remedying the problem?
      Thank you, Bill Davis

      Comment

      • William Davis
        Mega Mivite









        • Apr 2006
        • 2128

        #4
        I was able to export XML file. However, I was not able to open it with any XML editor due to the following error message:

        "Xml processing failed. Either the input is invalid or it isn't supported. (Internal error: There are multiple root elements. Line 15, position 2.)"

        I opened it with notepad (windows text editor), and below is a copy of “Line 15, position 1 through Line 19, position 30”:

        Code:
        <ProductPaymentRules_Update product_code="103-ME100062">
                        <PaymentMethods>
                                        <PaymentMethod module_code="" method_code="" />
                        </PaymentMethods>
        </ProductPaymentRules_Update>
        The only thing I noticed is that “ProductPaymentRules_Update” opening and closing tags don’t match.

        Is that what is causing the error? What should I do?
        Thank you, Bill Davis

        Comment

        Working...
        X