Tracking Code - variant or main code

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking Code - variant or main code

Trying to update our Shareasale tracking pixel on the INVC page. It needs to display the product code for each item purchased. I can easily put in item:code and that's fine. However, if the product has an attribute, I need to swap and display the variant instead. I can find the option code, but not the full code with the attribute (I do not know the correct term).

I have found so many code snippets my head is spinning.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

While on the subject, can anyone point me to a guide that explains the difference between the following terms:

item
    group
    variant
    part

I feel like I am mincing things in my research.

• If you really need to get the variant, you could use:

<mvt:do file="g.Module_Library_DB" name="l.success" value="ProductVariantList_Load_Product_Option(l.se ttings:product:id, l.settings:option:attr_id, l.settings:option:id, l.settings:variants)"/>
    <mvt:foreach iterator="variant" array="variants">
    </mvt:foreach>

However, at the end of the day, the 'variant' is basically just a way for miva to track inventory at the attribute level by giving each variant of attribute/option combinations a single record to affix the inventory quantity.

As for the item, group, variant, part deal....

Items/Groups are just the array name of a collection of products. Miva could have literally called them anything (and one wonders about the meaning of 'groups'), or in a more sane world, kept them the same (i.e., "products:") through-out the store.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
    X

This website uses cookies to identify visitors, track visitors to our website, store login session information and to remember your user preferences. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accept