Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BASK view not mobile ready on Base Ready Theme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BASK view not mobile ready on Base Ready Theme?

I searched and couldn't find any thread of anyone having this issue. When viewing a cart with a item in it, on PC, you have a Table created, with a red "X" on the left, followed by a small image of the product, then description, then quantity that can be changed (with "update" under it) and then unit price and finally total column. Here's a screenshot:
    pccheckout.png

On Mobile, the Red "X" does not exist, so there is no way to easily delete a item from the cart. After playing around with it, I finally turned my phone horizontal and saw the "update" link (which wasn't appearing at first until I turned my phone to horizontal) and found you have to enter ZERO into the quantity box, and then update to empty the contents or item, which isn't user friendly at all and may cause people to abandon their carts. Here's a vertical and horizontal shot on mobile:

VERTICAL
    verticalmobile.jpg

HORIZONTAL

horizontalmobile.jpg
    Also, and not as quite important (figure the customer will turn their phone horizontal when they can't see everything) it would be nice if the customer doesn't have to turn their phone to do see the top table row of the basket).

How can we get the Red X to show (and why would it be missing?)? Does anyone do something to the table so it shows all columns when the phone is held vertical or just leave it?
    Thanks!

I wouldn't say it was not 'mobile' ready, that was just a design decision made. Customers can set qty 0 and click update...or you could put the x back in by removing the "hidden-xs" and making a few other changes.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks - removing all the hidden-xs have the mobile BASK looking just like PC now - I'm not going to worry about having to flip a phone to horizontal - people are used to that pretty much. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X