Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MivaPay for CC storage

Hi all,
    Been reading all the MivaPay threads I could find (not many recent) but we are looking for the best way for a customer to store their CC in their account for frequent use that is compliant. Reading up on MivaPay, it appears to be geared more towards subscriptions and reoccuring payments. We sell products, so would never use that feature. I have a call into Miva sales but haven't been able to reach anyone.

We use Authorize.net as a processor and looking at their CIM area, appears they have code and a way to embed it on a website, so it uses their servers to reuse the CC information the customer put in? Is this separate from MivaPay, or is Mivapay needed to make their API work? Also, no price is published anywhere - has MivaPay been scaled down in pricing if it's only used to store the CC card info so a customer can select it as payment method, or is it still priced as a full package with subscriptions, etc. Is there any other option available to store CC cards or is MivaPay the only option?

MivaPay is exactly what you need for customers to store CC info...granted, I don't have any other information on this other than there currently no additional fee to use it AFAIK.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

So it's no charge? Wonder why I need to speak to sales? Wonder if support can just issue the secret key and signing key?

Comment

old info maybe? drop a dime on support. they should know and might be able to guide you on the next steps as well.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Bruce is correct; MivaPay is included, there's just a process of setting it up that our support staff can assist with, or it may already be in a provisioned state and you can get the relevant config info from the https://my.miva.com interface. MivaPay will allow your customers to store cards with their accounts, and use them for ongoing purchases on an as needed basis; you do not have to make use of the subscription functionality. When your customers submit credit card data, it goes directly from their computer to the MivaPay environment, so it never "touches" your website, nor do you have a way to retrieve it, which often eases compliance issues.

Using it may not be as simple as just activating it if not using a theme that was built for it, as it does need to be implemented on the payment screen properly.

Regarding authorize.net's similar wallet system, I don't believe that functionality has been implemented, but MivaPay can continue submitting via your authorize.net account, you just won't have to ever touch the card numbers yourself.
          David Hubbard
          CIO
          Miva
          [email protected]
          http://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks everyone - support showed me where to get the key codes and activate it - had no idea it was included in my package! I just finished setting it up and yes, the Base ReadyTheme has nothing about Miva Pay to call it up, so the CC card form fields are now gone since I hid the 4 CC cards I had previously set up and put the Miva Cards in place- emailing support for what is missing from OPAY and also for the account card setup/wallet code that is missing.

Comment

Working...
            X