PayPal on OSEL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal on OSEL

I've started using PayPal as a payment option on my store. I've enabled PayPal Standard, and put it as a payment choice on the OSEL page (I use radio buttons instead of a dropdown). When I select PayPal as my option and click on Continue, I get taken to PayPal to log in.

The problem is that the shipping and tax info don't appear on the basket on OSEL, only on OPAY. So customers see their Merchandise total on OSEL, and then go to PayPal and see a higher total, which includes shipping and tax. Shouldn't hitting Continue take you to OPAY, like it does for all other payment options? Or, is there a way to show the shipping and tax on OSEL, so people aren't hit with a surprise when they get to PayPal? Or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

The problem with showing the total on OSEL is that it's dependent on what shipping method they choose and how much it costs. Showing a different total on PayPal is the same as showing a different total on OPAY, right?

Theoretically you should be able to do some javascript to dynamically add the shipping total onto the cart on click of whichever shipping method. The problem with tax is that it's state based, so you'd need to write some code to apply it based on whichever state they're shopping from. Which is doable, of course. But gets really complicated if you tax shipping as well.

There's another thread on this here:
    https://www.miva.com/forums/forum/on...rizing-payment

Comment

Thanks, kat_oakos. We're only offering one type of shipping, based on cost, so I am able to take what's in OSEL and put it in the total.

I tried doing some calculations on the subtotal and multiplying them by a percent to see if I could at least estimate sales tax, and was unsuccessful. I've got the basket:formatted_total in a variable, and multiplied it by a number, but only get zero. If I use two numbers, I get the right answer, so I'm guessing that Miva is not seeing the formatted_total as a number. Do you know how I might fix that? I may need to start a new thread. Thanks for you answer.

Comment

That's because the formatted_total is prettied up for display.

If you use basket:total instead of formatted_total, it should work.

Comment

Working...
        X