No announcement yet.

Best way to allow customer to get free item offer, 1 time and click to add it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to allow customer to get free item offer, 1 time and click to add it

I wanted to get some suggestions on best way to accomplish something I was asked to do.

We want to give customers a free product offer but don't want to just shove it in their basket. We'd like them to see it and okay it. We also want to use native Miva functionality if possible - or as much as possible- we already have a jumble of custom code and third party addons over the years that concerns me.

- I could create it as an addon item - but then they get the free stuff and if they don't want it they'll just trash it, so we'd want them to select it.
    - I could create it as an upsale item and put the text there but there is no way to limit the upsale to 1 time per customer.

I guess we could use a coupon but the owner wants to make the pitch ie "We'd like to introduce you to our new disinfectant, click here to add a free trial size bottle to your order."

As much as possible we want it to be a smooth part of the checkout process.

Your suggestions appreciated.

Custom Basket Field. Just have them check a box...carry over that data to the Custom Order, stick in their box when you ship.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
    X