Write Main Image URL to Custom Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Write Main Image URL to Custom Field

Just can't quite figure this one out ... I need to write the URL of the main image in the image machine to a custom field automatically. Currently, we are having to copy the URL and enter it into the custom field. I'd like for this to be automated. I know you can write to custom fields, but I just can't get it to work. Anyone want to help guide me? Thanks!
    Jason Lindsey
    Dreamchaser Design
    www.dreamchaserdesign.com
    "You Dream. We Design."

If you are doing this on the product page, then this should work

Code:
    <mvt:do file="g.Module_Library_DB" name="l.success" value="ImageType_Load_Code('main', l.settings:imagetype)" />
    <mvt:do name="l.success" file="g.Module_Library_DB" value="ProductImage_Load_Type(l.settings:product:id, 1, l.settings:imagetype)" />
    <mvt:do name="l.success" file="g.Module_Library_DB" value="Image_Load_ID(l.settings:imagetype:image_id , l.settings:imagedata)" />
    <mvt:item name="customfields" param="Write_Product_ID( l.settings:product:id, 'custom_field_code',  l.settings:imagedata:image )" />
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks! This seems to be working. I couldn't quite get it right. I was trying to do a read/write ... it just wasn't working. Thanks again.
      Jason Lindsey
      Dreamchaser Design
      www.dreamchaserdesign.com
      "You Dream. We Design."

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
        If you are doing this on the product page, then this should work

Code:
        <mvt:do file="g.Module_Library_DB" name="l.success" value="ImageType_Load_Code('main', l.settings:imagetype)" />
        <mvt:do name="l.success" file="g.Module_Library_DB" value="ProductImage_Load_Type(l.settings:product:id, 1, l.settings:imagetype)" />
        <mvt:do name="l.success" file="g.Module_Library_DB" value="Image_Load_ID(l.settings:imagetype:image_id , l.settings:imagedata)" />
        <mvt:item name="customfields" param="Write_Product_ID( l.settings:product:id, 'custom_field_code', l.settings:imagedata:image )" />
        Bruce - PhosphorMedia

Hello, I'm wondering if this can somehow be customized so the url can be seem in admin view. In other words, if I'm looking at a list of subcategories in admin with the following data columns Code, Name, Parent Category, Last Updated - I would like to add a custom field to be the url (or uri) of the subcategory.

e.g.
        Code Name Parent Category Last Updated Custom Field (URL)
        prod1 Product 1 My Products 03/24/2021 /my-products/prod1.html
        2021-03-24_17-06-57.png
        Of course, I can view the URI by clicking on the tab, but I'm wondering if in the admin a summary view can include a custom field for the uri - automatically populated?
        Last edited by pipette-dave; 03-24-21, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X