Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PayPal Express Checkout bug? Free shipping?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal Express Checkout bug? Free shipping?!

So we've had (so I've been told) several times over the years, someone check out and receive free shipping when they shouldn't have.

We have a shipping method for free shipping if the order is over $200.

There was no obvious reason why they would receive free shipping on these items. They had appropriate DIMs, shipping methods assigned (or not assigned, more accurately), etc.

So upon investigating this bug, I discovered that if I put an item in my cart that's under $200, increase the quantity so that it's over $200, proceed through the checkout process all the way to the shipping selection/payment type selection page, making sure that the free shipping (which would be valid in that case), is selected, but don't actually complete the purchase - then go into the cart, and decrease the amount of items until they're under $200, select the PayPal Express checkout button directly from the cart to checkout, I notice there's still free shipping applied even though it's under $200 at this point.

Is there a fix for this?

Originally posted by kat_oakos View Post
    So we've had (so I've been told) several times over the years, someone check out and receive free shipping when they shouldn't have.

We have a shipping method for free shipping if the order is over $200.

There was no obvious reason why they would receive free shipping on these items. They had appropriate DIMs, shipping methods assigned (or not assigned, more accurately), etc.

So upon investigating this bug, I discovered that if I put an item in my cart that's under $200, increase the quantity so that it's over $200, proceed through the checkout process all the way to the shipping selection/payment type selection page, making sure that the free shipping (which would be valid in that case), is selected, but don't actually complete the purchase - then go into the cart, and decrease the amount of items until they're under $200, select the PayPal Express checkout button directly from the cart to checkout, I notice there's still free shipping applied even though it's under $200 at this point.

Is there a fix for this?

Hi kat_oakos

Is this when using the paypalpro.mvc module? (PayPal Express Checkout and/or Payments Pro). If so then this is a known issue with how the Basket items are sent to paypal when using the paypal button on the BASK page.

Because the "free shipping" basket charge is created during the first part of checkout, it is still present when you manually go back to the BASK page and start the paypal checkout. However that free shipping Basket charge should get overwritten when you get sent back to Miva and go through the OSEL page again.

Can you confirm for me that the free shipping does not persist after returning to miva and continuing checkout past OSEL?

-Eric
    Eric Foresman
    Software Tester
    Miva Merchant
    http://www.mivamerchant.com/
    [email protected]

Comment

Correct.

It corrects itself if you edit the cart then go back through the OSEL page.

Comment

Working...
      X