Edit Order Attribute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit Order Attribute

Is there a way to edit an item attribute for an existing order? Such as changing a color or size? Thanks!

Originally posted by bonnie1525 View Post
    Is there a way to edit an item attribute for an existing order? Such as changing a color or size? Thanks!
    Right now I can't edit any of my orders since they have already shipped. However, I know before you flip the switch to shipped, you can edit the order . This would all be done in the Order Processing module of the customer's order. You can actually delete lines on an order and I know you can add lines to an order. I'm just not sure if your inventory amounts will be correct or not once you do this. You may need to manually edit your inventory once you edit the order.

Kathleen Steimle-Hermes
    , owner
    Miss Kate's Creations
    [email protected]
    www.misskatescreations.com

Handcrafted fabric covered photo albums, frames, brag books and MORE

Comment

Thanks... I changed the status to create a shipment, so that must be why I cannot edit attributes. Is there anyway to undo a create shipment so I can edit the order?
      Thank You!

Comment

Thanks... I changed the status to create a shipment, so that must be why I cannot edit attributes. Is there anyway to undo a create shipment so I can edit the order?
        Thank You!
        I've edited orders before when they are in the create a shipment status. Have you clicked the line item in the order? That will open up things so you can edit items. I hope this hasn't been changed in Miva10. I haven't had to edit anything since I upgraded to 10. As long as you haven't flipped it to shipped (entering tracking info) you should still be able to edit it.

Do you have Faux Order installed on your website? If not, install it and recreate an order using a check as a payment or COD. Create it using the wrong color/size like the original order was and play with it while it is in the Pending status. Once you see how it works in Pending status, change it to Create a Shipment and see if you can still edit it. You should be able to unless, like I said earlier, Miva10 has changed something.

Kathleen Steimle-Hermes
        , owner
        Miss Kate's Creations
        [email protected]

Comment

I am still on MIVA 9. I changed the status to processing through create shipment, but have not changed the status to shipped. When I edit the order, I can select the item I want to edit, however the edit button is grayed out. Only options available are delete, cancel, create shipment, enter tracking numbers, back order, and interestingly add items. The edit function is not available. Sure would like just to be able to edit the item without deleting and re-adding! Thanks for all your help!

Comment

I am still on MIVA 9. I changed the status to processing through create shipment, but have not changed the status to shipped. When I edit the order, I can select the item I want to edit, however the edit button is grayed out. Only options available are delete, cancel, create shipment, enter tracking numbers, back order, and interestingly add items. The edit function is not available. Sure would like just to be able to edit the item without deleting and re-adding! Thanks for all your help!
            As long as the add items button is available, all you need to do is add the correct item and then delete the incorrect item. Make sure the customer gets a copy of the revised invoice. If the shipping amount has changed, make sure you edit that so it is the same as on the original invoice.

Kathleen Steimle-Hermes
            , owner
            Miss Kate's Creations
            [email protected]

Comment

Working...
            X