Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excessive Bandwidth Usage: how to track down why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excessive Bandwidth Usage: how to track down why?

Hi everyone:

How do I figure out why one of my websites is going over the bandwidth usage of 20 gigabyes. Is there an easy way to track it down?

site is www.siamese-dream.com
    Mark Romero
    ~~~~~~~~

Our support staff can help figure that out for you, and given you're already using Cloudflare, we can likely help deploy rules to help. Nine times out of ten it's going to be related to bots from places you don't care about, or doing things that are clearly not legit, and Cloudflare makes it easy to intercept that type of activity with a Javascript challenge that won't impact your legitimate shoppers.
    David Hubbard
    CIO
    Miva
    [email protected]
    http://www.miva.com

Comment

Thought: Given the benefits to Miva as well as Miva Customers, has Miva tried to work with CloudFlare to make it basically "part of" its hosting package?
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

There are two issues, one, Cloudflare's relationships of that nature generally only happen if all the customers will be on their enterprise plan, and two, the settings desirable for one customer may be highly undesirable for another. The setup will often have characteristics around where their shoppers originate, how they interact, if they have integrations or legit bots that would be considered malicious on a different site, etc; it requires a customized setup per website.
        David Hubbard
        CIO
        Miva
        [email protected]

Comment

Ok, understand.
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Has tech support been out of the office for the last few weeks???

I am pretty sure I submitted a ticket around November 20th or so regarding this issue through the my.miva control panel and haven't heard anything back.

Admittedly it was probably a few days before Thanksgiving, but I thought someone would contact me by now.
            Mark Romero
            ~~~~~~~~

Comment

If you have the resulting email with ticket ID, you could check it via the website and/or by phone. There have not been any deviations from our normal required and monitored response times that I'm aware of, which means you should have received a reply long ago if it was opened.
              David Hubbard
              CIO
              Miva
              [email protected]

Comment

We did receive a ticket but closed it after several replies without a response. This usually happens when there's an errant spam filter. One of our techs is going to reach out via telephone.

Comment

Originally posted by rrauscher View Post
                  We did receive a ticket but closed it after several replies without a response. This usually happens when there's an errant spam filter. One of our techs is going to reach out via telephone.
                  That seems strange. I checked my spam box and don't see anything from miva there.

I just got a message in gmail saying that my email is full but I don't know if that is an actual spam message or not (gmail things it is spam).
                  Mark Romero
                  ~~~~~~~~

Comment

I'm not sure but whatever the issue, let's get you in touch with someone quickly. Someone tried to call but got voicemail -- if you'd like to give us a call, we've got people available (800-608-MIVA).

Comment

Ok, will call later. In the meantime I am trying to use the built in mail manager in the control panel and while I can mark the emails in there to be deleted (there is a line going through them), I don't seem to actually be able to delete them. What do I need to do to actually get them off the server???
                      Mark Romero
                      ~~~~~~~~

Comment

OK, found it in the webmail admin. Have to mark for deletion and then go in to Other dropdown menu and click Purge Deleted.
                        Mark Romero
                        ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                        X