Partial Refund Using Auth Net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partial Refund Using Auth Net

Does anyone know if you can do partial refunds through the Miva admin with Auth net? I just opened up a store for a client recently and they have been testing doing refunds. Full refunds worked, but not partial ones.
    Tony Pavao
    Studio6t6
    Vancouver BC Canada
    [email protected]

I believe you can, (it’s gateway dependent though), I’m asking Product/Dev to confirm.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

We use Authorize.Net and you can do partial refunds as long as the transaction has been settled. If the transaction has been captured and pending settlement you can only void the complete transaction. Our settlements are done daily about 6:00pm. We just wait until after 6:00pm or issue a refund the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
        I believe you can, (it’s gateway dependent though), I’m asking Product/Dev to confirm.
        Hi Rick,

Thanks for checking on this. If this is what you're referring to (in regards to "gateway dependant"), I believe my client uses Auth net for both the merchant account and gateway.
        Tony Pavao
        Studio6t6
        Vancouver BC Canada
        [email protected]

Comment

Authorize.net is the Gateway in this case. I had forgotten what Razertip mentioned above, which is you can only do a partial after it's settled.

If you try and do a "refund" the same day (pre-settlement) that's actually a void and will void the whole transaction.
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

Comment

That makes sense. I'll have them try after settlement. Thanks!
            Tony Pavao
            Studio6t6
            Vancouver BC Canada
            [email protected]

Comment

Working...
            X