Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uploading order status and tracking from Stone Edge Order Manager to Miva Merchant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading order status and tracking from Stone Edge Order Manager to Miva Merchant?

Is there a way to regularly export order status and tracking info from Stone Edge Order Manager to Miva Merchant? There was a post from 2016 that implied there is. Right now we export order status to the Stone Edge order status site, but customers are confused when they see their order as "pending" at our Miva page. We use the ordman Stone Edge Order Manager export module to directly export new orders into Stone Edge from Miva. Inventory changes are automatically sent to Miva, but not order status.

We don't use the Stone Edge Order Status site, so I'm not sure if this is a factor or not (it may only send updates to one system). But, do you have proper Status Events configured to notify cart in Order Manager settings?
    Paul

Comment

ocpxc02: are you able to send shipping status from Stone Edge back to Miva? If so, could you share where the settings are in Stone Edge to enable that? Maybe we should just stop using the SE Order Status site if we can get status back to Miva.

Comment

First, check system parameter "UseStausUpdates". Is it checked?
        Paul

Comment

Yes, the "UseStatusUpdates" parameter is set (True/Yes) and there is a rich set of statuses in the status events form.
          But.... I see there is another system parameter called, "UseGenericStatusUpdates", which has the following message implying that if we tick the "Notify Cart" box in the status events form, we may get the status updates sent back to our Miva site. We'll give that a try.
          UseGenericStatusUpdates
          Set to True if your shopping cart accepts order status updates. This is NOT necessary if your shopping cart is Miva Merchant, AbleCommerce, osCommerce or Yahoo!Store. You will need to check "notify cart" in the Status Events on the events you wish to send updates for.

Comment

All set. That works. Thank you for putting me on the right track ocpxc02.

Comment

Stone Edge 7 user here. Stone Edge should be able to send the status updates to both the SE Order Status site and the cart. I have a strong feeling if you check your Status Events window in Stone Edge. (Gear Icon > System Functions > Status Events) and look at "Order Add Tracking Number" the notify cart check box will be unchecked. I am not sure if there could be a conflict if your Stone Edge order status is different than a supported MIVA order status.

The Stone Edge knowledge base has a few articles relating to the Staus Events work: https://www.stoneedge.com/help/

Glad you we able to figure it out. Forgot to refresh the page before posting my reply.

Comment

Working...
              X