variants in the way can not search for or add product to new order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

variants in the way can not search for or add product to new order

Sadly this will happen to me a lot because of the amount of variants involved with products.

Product code is 4418 which will not show in this search. (same problem with manage orders) I can not add 4418 to an order because it will not show at all which makes it impossible to use.

Yes I'm aware of how to do the other searches to find it but it is still impossible to add to an order.
    Mark Hood
    Vermont Gear

Re: variants in the way can not search for or add product to new order

Hi Mark,

I have been able to reproduce what you are seeing in the Universal Search but not in manage orders.

In the universal search what you are seeing are the shortest results first. The product code may be longer, but the search result as a whole is shorter then the result for the master product. [Edit Product: (4418_B_5) 4418_B_5] < [Edit Product: (4418) Red Wing 4418 8 Logger]

However, because universal search always displays product codes within parentheses it is possible to search for the exact code by placing it in parentheses. Searching for (4418) instead of 4418 should get you to were you want to go.

When trying to add the product to an order, when I typed 4418 into the code field of the add items dialog the master product was always the first one to be displayed in the auto complete.

adding_4418_order.jpg

Let me know if this helps

-Eric
    Eric Foresman
    Software Tester
    Miva Merchant
    http://www.mivamerchant.com/
    [email protected]

Comment

Re: variants in the way can not search for or add product to new order

Interesting the reason you see that is because I deleted and then rebuilt item #4418 but I can not achieve the same result as you yet when trying to add 4418 to an order.

Please try the same thing with b01brn. Attempting to search for (b01brn) or (4418) does not work for me.
      Last edited by Mark Hood; 07-02-14, 11:51 AM.
      Mark Hood
      Vermont Gear

Comment

Working...
      X