images - where do I add image types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

images - where do I add image types

I haven't used the legacy thumbnails and images in years...
    I kinda expected that to disappear or be replaced by the image machine, but see that it is still there.

So... I have put in some products into my beta store and can't find where I Would define an image type so that I could go to the CTGY and other interface screens and tell it to use that type.

Where do I define additional image types?

Re: images - where do I add image types

Originally posted by kayakbabe View Post
    Where do I define additional image types?
    I found it on the catalog admin.

Thoughts regarding the location of image types in the admin ...
    Shouldn't it actually be located the interface area? The interface, where you define the appearance of the store and where an image type would be assigned and used.

Admins with catalog (product and category) access only should only be able to use image types that are predefined for them, and not be able to add image types willy nilly.
    Last edited by kayakbabe; 07-11-14, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Oh now where do I define the size of the image type?

Comment

in addition to asking where I set the image type sizes? Where has image management moved? I thought I could use the image management tool (like I do in version 8) to force a redo on the images and maybe that would fix the ctgy screen since I edited the CTGY template and told it to use my additional image type and it still won't display.
        Last edited by kayakbabe; 07-11-14, 10:12 AM.

Comment

in addition to asking where I set the image type sizes? Where has image management moved? I thought I could use the image management tool (like I do in version 8) to force a redo on the images and maybe that would fix the ctgy screen since I edited the CTGY template and told it to use my additional image type and it still won't display.

You can find the images size settings by editing the particular page and scrolling down because sizes are still separated by each page setting and not global.

Image management is found by clicking the arrow next to the word utilities in the main drop down.
          Last edited by Mark Hood; 07-14-14, 04:47 AM.
          Mark Hood
          Vermont Gear

Comment

Thoughts regarding the location of image types in the admin ...
            Shouldn't it actually be located the interface area? The interface, where you define the appearance of the store and where an image type would be assigned and used.

Admins with catalog (product and category) access only should only be able to use image types that are predefined for them, and not be able to add image types willy nilly.
            This is a good point and we'll consider changing the software to work this way, but in PR8 the Image Types were tied to Products and the Product privilege, which is why we put them where they are in 9.

You can also add image types while assigning images to a product in the image picker.

We will probably restructure the "Additional Images" and legacy thumbnail/fullsized images in a future beta to put more emphasis on the PR8 and newer image behavior.

Comment

Working...
            X