Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

image machine product image type & product attributes

I have two issues I am trying to fix.

1) I have followed the instructions to allow for exporting of image machine images into the csv file. I have checkd and the image links are appearing properly in the csv file. I have the same Image Type setup in the test store as is in the live store. However when I import the products into the test store the images fail to show. I have noticed this difference in the csv file and am thinking that the added underscore may be the issue. [Image Type: Category Thumbnail] [csv file CATEGORY_THUMBNAIL]

2) I have exported my product attributes into the xml file from the live store. However the test store will not let me import them and gives the following error: [ProductAttribute_Add_Template: Attribute Template with the code 'Colors-17' does not exist] Do I have to manually enter the codes? If so what's the point of being able to export them?
    Sincerely,

Stephen M. LaBar, Jr.
    (770) 441-9447
    The Martial Arts Store

Please Visit Our Site At:
    http://www.themartialartsstore.com

Re: image machine product image type & product attributes

Originally posted by slabar View Post
    I have two issues I am trying to fix.

1) I have followed the instructions to allow for exporting of image machine images into the csv file. I have checkd and the image links are appearing properly in the csv file. I have the same Image Type setup in the test store as is in the live store. However when I import the products into the test store the images fail to show. I have noticed this difference in the csv file and am thinking that the added underscore may be the issue. [Image Type: Category Thumbnail] [csv file CATEGORY_THUMBNAIL]

2) I have exported my product attributes into the xml file from the live store. However the test store will not let me import them and gives the following error: [ProductAttribute_Add_Template: Attribute Template with the code 'Colors-17' does not exist] Do I have to manually enter the codes? If so what's the point of being able to export them?
    My solution was to actually have them make a complete copy of my store to the dev location and then update. (just a thought for you)

I suspect if the products you are trying to create reference an attribute template you may need to make sure you copy those first. As far as images go for the image machine they need to have been copied over to the graphics path of the dev site before you can import the path of them. Did you? The header would need to match as well.
    Mark Hood
    Vermont Gear

Comment

Mark,

Yes sir I copied over all of the images before doing the product import. I may try changing the image type in my none Beta dev store to see if the underscore is the issue. Thanks for replying.
      Sincerely,

Stephen M. LaBar, Jr.
      (770) 441-9447
      The Martial Arts Store

Comment

Originally posted by slabar View Post
        Mark,

Yes sir I copied over all of the images before doing the product import. I may try changing the image type in my none Beta dev store to see if the underscore is the issue. Thanks for replying.
        I think I see what you are saying now. In 9 if you export using data management the field header on an image type is just like 5.5
        IMAGE_TYPE:_CODE_A however if you use the cool new version 9 catalog export the field header is

Image Type: Code A
        Mark Hood
        Vermont Gear

Comment

OK I finally got it to work but noticed it will only export images that are assigned an image type. May I ask as to why it only pulls in those images and not the extras?

E.g. Image Type: Category Thumbnail = Pic #1, No Image Type Pic #2, No Image Type Pic #3, No Image Type Pic #4, etc.

So in the above example it pulls in only one of the four pictures available for that product in the Image Machine. There has to be a better/something I'm missing.
          Sincerely,

Stephen M. LaBar, Jr.
          (770) 441-9447
          The Martial Arts Store

Comment

Working...
          X