Google feed - Price currency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google feed - Price currency

Just recently within the last week my Miva Google feed started throwing off errors regarding price. When I review my fields everything looks ok. But all products are rejected. Typical but on all my products: This error appears
    ,"33","Unsupported currency in attribute: price",Error,"Value=425",

My template has |PRICE| in the header template and |&mvt:record:price;| in iterator template. This has sufficed for the last year or so.
    Can someone remind me how we can append "USD" to price in the submission? I didn't think that was necessary because some place I read the Google assumes the currency of the country you submit to: i.e. USA

Chet
    Thanks,
    Chet Vincentz
    [email protected]

www.electrodyne.cc Quality Motoring Accessories
    www.racdyn-usa.com BMW, MINI & Porsche performance
    www.artisticartifacts.com Creative art materials

Google Shopping lets you set the currency globally (as with Tax and Shipping). I do believe that it defaults to USD, but as you might know, Google loves to mess around with its apps, so perhaps it no longer 'defaults' and you need to go into your Merchant Center and set currency. At least that's what I start with.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Hi Bruce,
      Thanks for the suggestion. I hunted around but didn't see anything that may have changed. I remember reading Google uses the currency of the country you are submitting to. Submit to USA and currency is USD. I haven't had an issue with my feed for a year or more. Now all of a sudden it blows up.
      Thanks,
      Chet Vincentz
      [email protected]

www.electrodyne.cc Quality Motoring Accessories
      www.racdyn-usa.com BMW, MINI & Porsche performance
      www.artisticartifacts.com Creative art materials

Comment

Working...
      X