Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kayakbabe
    replied
    BUMP! Now that there have been a few updates... is there a global off for this rich text editor? We are going live with miva 9 and during beta testing our data entry folks are making a real mess of our data.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied
    Also as I recall that editor is based on a wrapper around an Open Source editor. It's not the kind of thing we'd ever include (as we don't use any Open Source software bundled into the core of Miva Merchant. So building our own was the only option and provides us a level of control we couldn't have otherwise (even if it takes a while to catch up to some of the OS solutions).

Leave a comment:

• Gordon - Phosphor Media
    replied
    There are a lot of store owners that would rather get something for free and then spend countless hours trying to use it than cough up $95.

Leave a comment:

• joseibarra
    replied
    Yea.

By adding a User Preference I was able to disable the feature anemic Miva Rich Text Editor and get back to the WYSIWYG editor I have been using for years:

Untitled.jpg

For $95 the WYSIWYG editor from the App Store is leaps and bounds ahead of the Miva RTE:

https://apps.miva.com/html-wysiwyg-e...rchant-v5.html

I can't see why Miva thinks there is a need to develop their own WYSIWYG editor as it will probably take a long, long time for it to catch up the the one from the App Store.

Did anybody ever look at this $95 editor?

You will have to go a long, long way to replace/replicate all this functionality:

Untitled.jpg
    Last edited by joseibarra; 11-14-17, 01:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• crozon
    replied
    Great! That worked but WHAT A MESS it leaves behind in the product descriptions!

Leave a comment:

• rguisewite
    replied
    Edit User: [username] > Preferences
    Click the Add button
    Store: <Domain>
    Preference Name: mmtexteditor.enabled
    Preference Value: 0

There will be a decent interface for editing the settings soon.

Leave a comment:

• crozon
    replied
    I noticed in the last updated it mentioned a way to disable the rich text editor but cannot find a place to actually disable it. We don't want users to have access to this. Our font settings are already specified by the website and when users have access to text settings there seems to be some confusion and the website loses it's cohesiveness.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied
    Also currently at the User level you can turn it into line number mode only.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied
    That's coming in a future release (likely very soon).

Leave a comment:

• eldon99
    started a topic Global Disable

Global Disable

Is there a switch to turn this off globally? I am finding it difficult to search and click to get to that section of the code. Also, we do all our code for descriptions in a systematic way. I do not want my users to have rich text editing capabilities.
Working...
X