Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Free Module] Generate tons of reviews with Yotpo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [Free Module] Generate tons of reviews with Yotpo.

Originally posted by Talia from Yotpo View Post
    Did you mean that if two of our clients are selling the same product, can a review of that product on store A also be used on store B? Sounds like an interesting idea, but I'm not sure our clients would be up for sharing reviews with stores that may be competitors. Please clarify if I'm not getting the gist of this!
    Yes Talia, you understand correctly. We'd be willing to share product reviews with competitors as long as they are also contributing to the same product review pool which we draw from. After all, the more data customers can read on a product they are interested in, the better for everyone involved. I think Google does this when they display product reviews in Adwords.

Take a look at this #1 selling bar stool which has 450+ product reviews from various stores collected by Google.
    Last edited by papi34; 07-03-14, 06:23 AM.
    Bronson Design Studio, LLC
    Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

Originally posted by papi34 View Post
      Yes Talia, you understand correctly. We'd be willing to share product reviews with competitors as long as they are also contributing to the same product review pool which we draw from. After all, the more data customers can read on a product they are interested in, the better for everyone involved. I think Google does this when they display product reviews in Adwords.

Take a look at this #1 selling bar stool which has 450+ product reviews from various stores collected by Google.

Ahh, I see what you're saying!
      It's an interesting idea though typically our stores get so many reviews on their own, there's no need to aggregate from multiple listings. Also, soon Yotpo reviews will populate Google Shopping Product Listings (and we already populate Google Seller Ratings).

Comment

we already populate Google Seller Ratings
        How long does it take on average for Google to recognize/publish Yotpo Site Reviews?

Is the minisite required for Google to find them?

Comment

Setting up Google Seller Ratings with Yotpo is really easy, you just need to tick the box in the Yotpo admin (setting up the mini site is not necessary for this purpose, but helps your reviews get crawled an indexed by search engines).

Google's rules are: Once you have a Google AdWords or Merchant account and a minimum of 30 site reviews (with a composite rating of 3.5 or higher) it should take about 2 weeks for Seller Ratings to start appearing.

Comment

First the good news - Our Yotpo site reviews (via Targeted Review Requests) have been accounted for by Google Seller Ratings.

Now the bad news - The Mail After Purchases feature is not working. Our admin panel indicates only 2 Mail After Purchases sent. This was reported to the Yotpo support team and they are aware of it and working on it...
            "You are not the first user who reports that Yotpo is not pulling orders, so we have already contacted our 3rd party Miva developer and are waiting for answers. I will keep you posted. As I noted, I will update you when we hear from our developers. This is a general problem affecting lots of Miva customers and we are actively looking into this."

Just thought I'd update this thread to keep the Miva community informed. Don't know if this is a problem for all Miva users or not, but I will post back when a fix is in place and it is working properly.

Comment

Hey!

Thanks for taking the time to update everyone.

Just wanted to let you know this issue has been escalated to our CTO who is going to fix the problem himself!

I will let you guys know here when I update the module.

Comment

Hey everyone,

As promised, the new version has been uploaded to the Miva app store. It fixes the issues with pulling orders : )

Enjoy!

Comment

The MAP is triggered by an order status (in this case "shipped"). So people who cancelled their orders will not receive a MAP and the MAP will not be sent until an order is updated to "shipped" status.
                  I'm confused. Per your statement above, that the MAP is to be triggered off status changes to "shipped". That was a important distinction/feature to ensure only customers who received their orders would get the email. Lucy from your support team tells me "The Mail after Purchase goes out following the purchase date, not the shipping date."

We really need clarification on this. I was always a bit suspicious of how it functioned because the Yotpo Admin Panel says "The Mail After Purchase Email is automatically sent to your customers a certain number of days after they have made their purchases" and the only setting is for "Send XX Days after purchase". Even so, I just figured Miva Integrations worked differently. Please advise.

Comment

I was under the impression it could work either way?
                    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                    CEO
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]
                    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Here is another bug users should watch out for. The past two times we've updated the Miva Module (Yotpo v1.0002 & v1.0003), the check box under Yotpo Admin > General Settings > Include Title gets unchecked. That removes the Title box for customers who leave reviews and it seems to take the first 5 words of the review and use that as an automated title.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
                        I was under the impression it could work either way?
                        Here is the explanation I got from the Yotpo support desk....

"What Talia wrote was correct. However, we encountered lots of issues regarding the pulling of orders. For most of our MIVA customers, none of the orders were sent to Yotpo when set in Shipped. We were forced to change the logic of the orders-pulling so that we get the order when it's created ( that is, the purchase date)"

This is very disappointing news. If they can't get the MAP emails to key off "shipped" status, there should at least be a way to stop the emails for backorders and cancellations.

Comment

I was under the impression, they were making that an either/or setting. I'll talk to them.
                          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                          CEO
                          Miva, Inc.
                          [email protected]
                          https://www.miva.com

Comment

We have a client pressing on this as well, wanting followup emails to send 14 days after shipment, not placement of order. Agree that giving users the option one way or the other is the way to go, however I understand the challenges of pulling shipments as we recently worked that through ourselves.

Comment

Hey papi34,

The issue with Outlook is one we are aware of. Our data shows that the vast majority of reviewers open the MAP email either on a web-mail client or on mobile (and the MAP works on both!). All emails with a form include a link at the top which Outlook users can click on to write a review.
                              Yotpo needs to fix this re: outlook

We're a b2b seller and I would guess that 90% of large companies use Outlook. You write that your data indicates most reviewers are on a webmail client--I would venture to say your data may be skewed if you are generally selling your service to B2C clients which of course would nearly all be using google, yahoo, hotmail, etc...

Comment

Hey zquintana,

You're right, we don't support Rich Snippets on Miva Merchant yet and I don't have an ETA to give you right now.

When we do, it will be a part of our Premium plans which start at $30/month.
                                any update on rich snippets Talia?
                                also hoping you aren't getting rockets at your office in Israel!

Comment

Working...
                                X