authorize.net down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: authorize.net down

Everyone at Miva and these dedicated Miva hosts worked in lightning fast timing today to avert an otherwise wicked situation. I cannot tell you how helpful and kind everyone was in an otherwise stressful situation. You all ROCK!!

Happy Conf...
    Holly Nelson, CEO of 2C Development Group
    www.2cdevgroup.com
    @2cdevelopment

Comment

I think authnet may have put the change back in, if they ever reversed it to begin with; just an FYI for anyone who's host didn't update the commerce library or for those who didn't update the module in their store on the assumption it wouldn't be necessary.
      David Hubbard
      CIO
      Miva
      [email protected]
      http://www.miva.com

Comment

MD5 Problem! Everybody look out

Hi,

Our store crashed as everyone elses, and the new Authnet module fixed it. At least I thought. I ran a test order and everything was fine.

Then later in the day, a customer called, and he was getting an error saying MD5 Mismatch. I ran a test order again, and sure enough, I got the MD5 mismatch again.

I went to Authorize.net and created a new transaction key and also made a new MD5 while I was at it, and it again works. I hope.

I would recommend that everyone at least be aware of a possible MD5 issue, as I'm not inclined to believe it's a coincidence.

Best,

Per

Comment

Remove the md5 value altogether, that 'feature' has never worked reliably in any version of Miva Merchant, not sure who's fault it is but it just doesn't work.
          David Hubbard
          CIO
          Miva
          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by ILoveHostasaurus View Post
            Remove the md5 value altogether, that 'feature' has never worked reliably in any version of Miva Merchant, not sure who's fault it is but it just doesn't work.
            Sorry to hijack the thread, but David, could you elaborate on how the MD5 never works "reliably", we are ignorantly using it in our store - does it cause errors or something else?? Authorize says that once you set it it cannot be removed - thanks Authorize! I wish USAePay would make a Miva 5 payment module, they were light years better than Authorize, but now I'm just ranting...

Thanks,
            Jordan

Comment

Yep, for years we've seen customers have errors related to the md5 hash and not using it seems to be the only reliable 'fix'.
              David Hubbard
              CIO
              Miva
              [email protected]

Comment

I want to confirm that removing the MD5 value (leaving the field blank) is the way to go. Since Authorize.net's update and Miva's fix, about every 10th order would get the MD5 error, and the customer would be on the phone. They would already have retried several times, resulting in multiple charges to their credit card.

Deleting the MD5 did the trick. Nothing needs to be done on Authorize.net's portal.

Thanks! That REALLY helped us. We're about to run a major blast, and this would have been catastrophic.

Best,

Per

Comment

Since the Authorize.net crash on Wed, my "failed payments" have been 12, 15 and today 21! ("failed payments" are reported by Truxoft's MMTicker module.)

I normally get no more than 4 in a day.

I upgraded the Authorize.net module to 4.2402 on Thurs and have been taking orders but clearly something is still wrong.

Anyone else getting excessive failed payments? BTW, where is this MD5 setting??
                  Joe Gargiulo
                  Pinewood Pro

Comment

Originally posted by JoeG View Post
                    ]
                    Anyone else getting excessive failed payments? BTW, where is this MD5 setting??
                    In the module configuration. Go into Payment Configuration and then then Authnet module tab. You'll see the filed for md5hash. If you have anything in there, delete it.
                    Jim McCormick
                    Miva Merchant Support
                    866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

OK, see it...field is blank, so it's not the MD5 hash.

Any other idea that could be causing sharp increase in failed payments?

Thanks in advance for the help...
                      Joe Gargiulo
                      Pinewood Pro

Comment

What is the error on the failure?
                        Jim McCormick
                        Miva Merchant Support
                        866-284-9812

Comment

I don't know...all I see is the warning message about "failed payments".

I'm at the conference...are you here so we can "go live" and talk?
                          Joe Gargiulo
                          Pinewood Pro

Comment

Yes, I'm here at the registration table. Where is this "failed payments" message?
                            Jim McCormick
                            Miva Merchant Support
                            866-284-9812

Comment

It's coming from a Truxoft module he's running which monitors his version 4 store's checkout. I spoke to him about it too and he's trying to get in touch with one of the customers who had a failure to see what the message displayed to them was.
                              David Hubbard
                              CIO
                              Miva
                              [email protected]

Comment

Hi,

After loading the new Authorize.net module, we've had some customers having their payment processing time out. I've already talked with Miva support, and we agreed that while it's not very likely that something is wrong with the module, that it would be valuable to post it to the community.

Here's a chronology:

Of course, Authorize.net broke last week for us as well as everyone else. When we installed the new module, we were suddenly having intermittent MD5 problems, so we cleared that field, ran some test orders, and everything has been fine.

BUT, since last week, our sales have mysteriously dropped down to 50%, so we ran some more test orders, everything seemed fine, so we just sort of blamed the economy.

But in the meanwhile, we have started getting an unusual amount of Restock Shelves emails, with an unusual amount of abandoned shopping carts with Customer Contact Information, hinting that they went halfway through checkout.

Then a customer just called, who had been trying to put his order through twice, where payment processing timed out, so he called us, I when through the exact same checkout procedure, and it worked just fine.

So obviously, we've put a sign up on our website to make sure that people don't panic, but instead call us.

But the key here is that I think it would be worthwhile for everyone to at least check if their payment processing actually works every single time.

In the meanwhile, since it's a timeout, I'll also contact the webhost (WestHost), to see if they have experienced a DNS issue, which could explain a timeout.

So this posting is intended as an alert. I would like nothing more than being wrong. But if there's an issue, even intermittent, we should investigate it.

Best,

Per

Comment

Working...
                                X