Wolfpaw Fraud Screening & Detection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolfpaw Fraud Screening & Detection

This module has worked pretty good for us as we use to get a lot of people attempting to abuse the system (and I'd have to manually check them all) but we have a couple customers who occasionally get detected as fraud - I guess because they share an account or have multiple locations or are logging into a shared server from various locations around the country? Not really sure but I though I could create a rule on MaxMind and whitelist them based on their email domain It didn't work and when I checked with MaxMind they said it was because the Wolfpaw module is rejecting them based on RiskScore but the rules are only affecting the 'Disposition.'

I am not sure how Wolfpaw integrates with Miva - I searched using Phosphormedia's GPS and found no reference returned. I thought perhaps there might be a way to bypass the fraud check if the customer is a member of the Business Account group I have these users in. I'm guessing the module does it's magic unseen in the templates but figured I'd ask if anyone here has experience with it?

I sent a message to Wolfpaw but he hasn't answered yet (only been a couple days) but figured someone else here might be using it so couldn't hurt to ask.

• Wolfpaw's Jeff reached out to me so I'd delete this post if I could. I any case I'll post any resolution in case anyone in the future has the same question.

Comment

• I can remove it if you'd like, but others may benefit from the solution if you want to post that too.
      David Hubbard
      CIO
      Miva
      [email protected]
      http://www.miva.com

Comment

• Okay well I couldn't find an easy way to bypass using the Miva Business Account and spoke to Jeff at Wolfpaw. He took a look a suggested I might whitelist the IP's. I dumped the transaction list on MaxMind.com and saw that there were about a dozen IP's. In the Wolfpaw admin it turns out I can only fit 7 IP's in the whitelist box so Jeff suggested I reach out to maxMind which I am doing right now and they are whitelisting the IP's for me.

In the future I would like to see a way to exclude people I add to a business account, or a custom field or some other way to reduce the riskscore, whitelist or otherwise allow certain customers to bypass the fraud system inasmuch as that can be done safely.

Comment

Working...
        X

This website uses cookies to identify visitors, track visitors to our website, store login session information and to remember your user preferences. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accept