Etsy Marketplace - Error Trying to Create Product With Variants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Etsy Marketplace - Error Trying to Create Product With Variants

I keep receiving the error "the supplied URL doesn’t map to a valid command” when attempting to create an Etsy "Product with variants". I've successfully created this type of product in the past.. has anything changed?

My steps are as follows:

- Master Product in Miva was given the price of the lowest priced Product Variant.

- Attributes were added, and Inventory Variants created.

- Inventory Variants were priced as “Specific Values”

- All Variants were given a price, weight, and inventory level.

- Master Product was assigned at least one image.

- Each attribute was assigned an appropriate “Main” Image

- "Etsy Product Listings" Tab:

- Create Variation Listing >

- Combined Attributes - (variants have different prices)

- Set "Attribute Prompt”

- Set Quantity: Percentage, Fixed Total, or Fixed Per Variation. (Used "Fixed Per Variation" ) Total quantity (sum of fixed amount per variant) does not exceed 999.
    Psydde Delicious
    Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousBoutique.com
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

• Psydde,

Nothing in your listing creation steps should cause that error and I would like to take a look at this. Could you email [email protected] and since you host with 216Digital, please follow it up by filling out our General Troubleshooting from here:

https://www.miva.com/mm5/merchant.mv...=services-form

Jim McCormick
    Miva Merchant Support
    866-284-9812

http://www.mivamerchant.com
    Miva Merchant Customer Support

Comment

• Originally posted by delcorsets View Post
      I keep receiving the error "the supplied URL doesn’t map to a valid command” when attempting to create an Etsy "Product with variants". I've successfully created this type of product in the past.. has anything changed?

My steps are as follows:

- Master Product in Miva was given the price of the lowest priced Product Variant.

- Attributes were added, and Inventory Variants created.

- Inventory Variants were priced as “Specific Values”

- All Variants were given a price, weight, and inventory level.

- Master Product was assigned at least one image.

- Each attribute was assigned an appropriate “Main” Image

- "Etsy Product Listings" Tab:

- Create Variation Listing >

- Combined Attributes - (variants have different prices)

- Set "Attribute Prompt”

- Set Quantity: Percentage, Fixed Total, or Fixed Per Variation. (Used "Fixed Per Variation" ) Total quantity (sum of fixed amount per variant) does not exceed 999.

Hi delcorsets

i just tested this and got the same thing, i have written a bug for this issue. i dont know yet if there was an api change that has caused this or if its something going wrong on etsy side. That error corresponds to receiving a 404 response during the listing creation process so it could be just a temporary issue but i will post back here if/when i learn anything.

thanks for letting us know about this, and for the detailed reproduction instructions.

--UPDATE--

one of the developers just found an updated version of the etsy documentation where they say "Variations are no longer writable (and the existing variations endpoints will be deprecated)".

https://www.etsy.com/developers/docu...rted/inventory

we already had a bug on switching over to the new "inventory tools" for the etsy marketplace.

-Eric
      Eric Foresman
      Software Tester
      Miva Merchant
      http://www.mivamerchant.com/
      [email protected]

Comment

• Eric,

Thanks for the reply.

If third parties can no longer write variations, Is it possible to create a Product with Variations within the Etsy admin (rather that within Miva) and then map the variants to the correct Miva product or Miva product variant?

Psydde
        Psydde Delicious
        Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
        Philadelphia, PA
        www.DeliciousBoutique.com
        www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Working...
        X

This website uses cookies to identify visitors, track visitors to our website, store login session information and to remember your user preferences. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accept