Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Affirm Payment Not Working for Partial Payment

Possible Bug:

I had a customer attempting to apply their Account Credit and pay their order balance using Affirm. The Affirm screen would not load.

I asked them to try Affirm for the whole amount, which did work. I then had to manually issue a partial refund for their order in the amount of their Account Credit, and zero out their credit.

I've had other orders successfully post using partial payment via Account Credit with balance due paid by credit card, so I assume this might be a problem specifically with Affirm.
    Psydde Delicious
    Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousBoutique.com
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

I wrote the Affirm module. It was spec'd by Affirm to only support the full balance of an order. So it is working as designed.

However, you should be able to apply an account credit like a coupon or discount, which works fine.
    Gordon Currie
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Gordon - Phosphor Media Thanks for the response.

If Affirm's policy is to only support the full balance of an order, I wonder if it's possible to suppress that payment type if a shopper is using their Account Balance for part of their payment (or at least provide a message to shopper saying Affirm can only be used to pay the full balance of an order?) It unfortunately creates a bad user experience, as it did in the case of my shopper, when they keep having problems trying to use their selected payment type after using their account balance for partial payment.

I believe that the Account Balance feature in Miva did not exist at the time the Affirm module was written. I suspect that Affirm may want to update their module's behavior or availability/visibility in a case where a shopper has applied partial payment through their Account Balance. Do you have their ear to make such a suggestion?
      Psydde Delicious
      Philadelphia, PA
      www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

You should make your case through your Affirm rep.

Note that this would not be simple as Affirm really isn't a classic payment solution; it is an instant loan. It might be expensive to put that support into the module, as the Affirm flow is not very compatible with Miva Merchant flow.
        Gordon Currie

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

If you're not taxing shipping, and not shipping based on basket total, I'm wondering if this would be resolved by moving the Pay with Account Balance to the OSEL screen?
          Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Bruce - PhosphorMedia Hmmmm.. that's a good idea. I'll look into that. That would seem to be a good solution.
            Psydde Delicious
            Philadelphia, PA
            www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Working...
            X