Mailchimp Domain Authentication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mailchimp Domain Authentication

I'm not seeing anything in the Miva docs regarding Mailchimp domain authentication.

If I'm understanding the process correctly, I need to add a couple DNS records in Plesk for the domains I want to authenticate.

- Add a CNAME record for k1._domainkey.doman-name with the value of: dkim.mcsv.net
    - Since an SPF record already exists, modify the existing TXT record for SPF by adding: include:servers.mcsv.net ?all

So, would the modified TXT record look something like this:

Code:
    v=spf1 a a:deda458.mivamerchant.net ~all include:servers.mcsv.net ?all
    Psydde Delicious
    Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousBoutique.com
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Hey Psydde,

I'm not positive, and I haven't done this yet for Mailchimp. I am pretty sure you can have more than one SPF record. I think you simply add another SPF record with the details they are specifying.

Scott
    Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
    Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
    MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
    Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
    AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
    My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

Comment

Thanks Scott.

I was unsure about adding a second SPF record, I heard it was not recommended.

"v=spf1 a a:deda458.mivamerchant.net ~all" is the record that already exists, so I'll try adding a second record with MailChimp's detals, "v=spf1 servers.mcsv.net ?all"

Any other MailChimp users out there that have done this?

Be well Scott!
      (btw, I'll DM you.. had an issue with checkout on your site that you might want to look into.)
      Psydde Delicious
      Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
      Philadelphia, PA
      www.DeliciousBoutique.com
      www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Yes, that's actually correct. Only one. Hopefully, I didn't mislead you. I recently added a second one, different scenario, to authenticate but removed it immediately once that was accomplished. Seems the "include" method would have been been the method to use. It appears that there is a character limit to an SPF od 255 characters.

Scott

Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
        Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
        MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
        Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
        AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
        My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

Comment

Working...
        X