Tool Belt - examples documentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tool Belt - examples documentation

The 'example documentation links in Tool Belt's help file go to a dead site - these are not the function description sections but links that jumped to a site with examples. I submitted a support request last week but have something to work on today. I am wondering if anyone has the AVAILGROUP and POST ACTION PREACTION examples section offline and would post it?

Some old pages are in the Internet Archive in case anyone else has the same problem. Not sure if anything changed but at least it is a starting point.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190301...tml#Availgroup

Comment

I'm not familiar with the Tool Belt, but I have found the new Docs pages rather helpful -- https://docs.miva.com/developers

Comment

Originally posted by cpp-dev View Post
        I'm not familiar with the Tool Belt, but I have found the new Docs pages rather helpful -- https://docs.miva.com/developers
        Thanks I am aware. Tool Belt use to be a 3rd party product that Miva aquired and it has some rolled up functions that make some common things easier for us non-programmers. Miva has a lot of resources and many have sample code but a few don't - not an issue for the real programmers here but for a guy like me who just tries to implement little things now and then, samples that show how to use each function are very useful.

Comment

Originally posted by habreu View Post
          for a guy like me who just tries to implement little things now and then, samples that show how to use each function are very useful.
          I feel that deeply. I'm also stumbling though this. I would also like to see better examples/tutorials about how to implement MivaScript. Because while I don't mind supporting the MAP team, sometimes you just-need-a-dumb-feature now, and the scope of their work is going to push such things down the priority list, not because they don't want to help but that there simply isn't the time.

Comment

The forums are a great resource and I've had plenty of dumb questions answered by the knowledgeable folks here for which I am grateful.

Comment

Originally posted by habreu View Post

Thanks I am aware. Tool Belt use to be a 3rd party product that Miva aquired and it has some rolled up functions that make some common things easier for us non-programmers. Miva has a lot of resources and many have sample code but a few don't - not an issue for the real programmers here but for a guy like me who just tries to implement little things now and then, samples that show how to use each function are very useful.
              Yep, I often feel the same way.
              Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Working...
              X