Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone used SendGrid for email campaigns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone used SendGrid for email campaigns?

Hi,

We currently use Scot mail and our Miva hosted mail server for sending mail. Which has worked well but we are finding many of our emails are undelivered.

And it looks like Miva is wanting to end email support.

So I'm thinking of migrating to Microsoft Exchange for our email management. But this won't do bulk sending.

Has anyone here used SendGrid?

We have 60,000 subscribers and send about 1 newsletter a week.

If anyone has any other suggestions of other service providers I'd love to hear.

Thanks
    Facewest- UK Adventure sports Equipment
    www.facewest.co.uk

Sendgrid is definitely an option I recommend. They'll do the proper opt in, automated bounce handling that doesn't false positive on auto responders or other temporary errors, and the emails are highly deliverable. Sendgrid probably falls in the "too big to block" category, but additional things that help your emails not end up in a spam folder include a return path that maps to a custom subdomain the recipient doesn't see which includes all the add-on sender authentication features like SPF/DKIM/DMARC.
    David Hubbard
    CIO
    Miva
    [email protected]
    http://www.miva.com

Comment

Thank you.

Any idea if I can get Send Grid integrated into our checkout to add customers who opt in to a newsletter, as we do with Scotmail?

Thanks

www.facewest.co.uk

Comment

Nope, but we do use Sendlane. They have great people, and platform.

My issue with all of these solutions (including Sendlane), is that they are “primarily” engineered for the digital delivery of “boilerplate” content campaigns to manually created segments. The only “dynamic” contextually generated content I have come across by these solutions is abandoned cart. Wherein the systems dynamically generates a unique and personalized email for each individual listing their abandoned cart items -which Miva already does.

All of these solutions lack “substantive” contextual behavioral based automation to not only improve the likelihood of conversions but increase the average cart value.
        Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

You might want to look into Mailchimp as well. Miva has the integration built and Mailchimp has been adding interesting advanced features over the last couple years. Your list size in in their sweet spot.
          Todd Gibson
          Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

Just to update this.

We switched to:

Microsoft 365 for our email and onedrive.
            SendGrid API for our transaction emails for Miva and our Order Management software.
            Send Grid for our marketing emails.

It's a big imporvement from before (Where we used Miva Mail server and Scotmail) in terms of management and mail delivery success rate.

I still use the scotmail features at checkout to manage new mail signups. I'll change that at some point.

Thanks
            www.facewest.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by William Davis View Post
              Nope, but we do use Sendlane. They have great people, and platform.

My issue with all of these solutions (including Sendlane), is that they are “primarily” engineered for the digital delivery of “boilerplate” content campaigns to manually created segments. The only “dynamic” contextually generated content I have come across by these solutions is abandoned cart. Wherein the systems dynamically generates a unique and personalized email for each individual listing their abandoned cart items -which Miva already does.

All of these solutions lack “substantive” contextual behavioral based automation to not only improve the likelihood of conversions but increase the average cart value.
              Update: Since my previous post Sendlane has added "Browse Abandonment" automation, the "automation" is working fine. However, in two and a half weeks automation has yet to convert to a sale.

Nevertheless, I believe "Browse Abandonment" automation could be a nice addition to store owner's digital marketing arsenal.
              Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Working...
              X