Transients? REDIS? Need to improve performance on SFNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transients? REDIS? Need to improve performance on SFNT

Trying out Transients by Tess using the example to try to load a readytheme content section on SFNT. But I assume I will have to also transient load all those images. I wasn't sure if a nested monstrosity was the best way to go and would have to work that all out.

Trying to improve my SFNT load times and already compressed the images and cleaned up the easier stuff but still needs more.

I also saw Redis and don't understand that well - is that something I can have Miva support activate and assign SFNT so it will essentially the same for the entire page?

Transient Code:
    Code:
    <mvt:do file="g.Module_Root $ '/modules/util/transients.mvc'" name="l.settings:transient_SFNT_CTGY_IMAGES" value="Transient_ReadyTheme_ContentSection('SFNT-CTGY-IMAGES', 24*60*60, l.settings )" />
    <mvt:if expr="l.settings:transient_SFNT_CTGY_IMAGES">
    &mvt:transient_SFNT_CTGY_IMAGES;
    <mvt:else>
    <mvt:comment> <!-- Failsafe! --> </mvt:comment>
    <mvt:item name="readytheme" param="contentsection( 'SFNT-CTGY-IMAGES' )" />
    </mvt:if>
    Readytheme Content Section:
    Code:
    <div class="column whole medium-one-third align-center sfnt-promo">
    <figure><mvt:item name="readytheme" param="image( 'sfnt_promo_left' )" /><figcaption class="sfnt-captions">High-Performance Paint, Roof & Floor Coatings for Self-Storage</figcaption></figure>
    <div class="breaker show medium-hide"></div>
    </div>
    <figure><mvt:item name="readytheme" param="image( 'sfnt_promo_middle2' )" /><figcaption class="sfnt-captions">Self-Storage Locker Door Parts & Supplies</figcaption></figure>
    </div>
    <figure><mvt:item name="readytheme" param="image( 'sfnt_promo_right' )" /><figcaption class="sfnt-captions">Disc Locks, Cylinder Locks, Padlocks & Accessories</figcaption></figure>
    </div>
    <div class="breaker clear"></div>

<figure><mvt:item name="readytheme" param="image( 'sfnt_promo_health' )" /><figcaption class="sfnt-captions">Health Safety & Disinfection</figcaption></figure>
    </div>

<figure><mvt:item name="readytheme" param="image( 'sfnt_promo_middle' )" /><figcaption class="sfnt-captions">Locksets, Rim Devices, Geared Hinges, Door Closers...</figcaption></figure>
    </div>
    <figure><mvt:item name="readytheme" param="image( 'sfnt_promo_right2' )" /><figcaption class="sfnt-captions">Bollard Covers, Parking Blocks, Clearance Bars, Signs...</figcaption></figure>
    </div>
    <div class="breaker clear"></div>

<div class="column whole medium-one-fourth align-center sfnt-promo">
    <figure><mvt:item name="readytheme" param="image( 'sfnt_promo_left3' )" /><figcaption class="sfnt-captions">Diamond Plate, Kick Plates, Corner Guard, Wall Protector...</figcaption></figure>
    </div>

<figure><mvt:item name="readytheme" param="image( 'sfnt_promo_middle3' )" /><figcaption class="sfnt-captions">Cleaners, Rust Remedies, Graffiti, Mold & Grease Removers...</figcaption></figure>
    </div>
    <figure><mvt:item name="readytheme" param="image( 'sfnt_promo_right3' )" /><figcaption class="sfnt-captions">Luxury Vinyl Tile, Plank, Cover Base & Accessories</figcaption></figure>
    </div>

<figure><mvt:item name="readytheme" param="image( 'sfnt_promo_left2' )" /><figcaption class="sfnt-captions">Rivet Guns, Bolt Cutters, Ratchets, Cut-Off Wheels...</figcaption></figure>
    </div>
    Last edited by habreu; 01-14-22, 11:55 AM.

I copied the rendered HTML for this section from the browser and put that into the Readytheme content section as a test. The transient code does not load the Readytheme content section it is loaded via the 'failsafe' call of the readytheme so must be something I am not understanding.

Comment

Working...
    X