Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scot's Google Analytics 4 module - conversion source

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Scot's Google Analytics 4 module - conversion source

    I have been using Scot's Google Analytics 4 module on 2 of my stores for several months and it seems to work quite well. I have had one problem and I'm not sure if the issue is the module or Google. I can see my traffic acquisition source and medium but my conversion data is not associated with any source or medium. The source / medium for all conversions show (not set) or (unassigned). Is anyone else using the module?
    Highly caffeinated
    http://www.coffeehouseexpress.com

    #2
    I would reach out to Scot directly, he likely can help but I would guess there is some configuration of the tracking script to fix that. I did find this, but it does not mention conversion reports:

    https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2820717

    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

    Comment


      #3
      Thanks for the info Brennan
      Highly caffeinated
      http://www.coffeehouseexpress.com

      Comment


        #4
        Hey Jim, we have been running into this exact issue too.
        All of our sites that implement that GA4 module show good Google Analytics data for all aspects except for the conversions which are assigned to the (not set) metric.
        We have contacted Scot about this and have ruled out a number of things. We made a change yesterday that we will have to wait and see if it fixes the issue. (I'll shoot an update if it does):

        During the UA to GA4 upgrade on Google Analytics, it tells you to add the gtag script snippet to the head of your site. When we converted to GA4 a couple months ago, this snippet was added to our stores, but apparently Soct's Scripts GA4 Module automatically inserts this default script to the head so we had duplicate gtag declaration scripts going which may have been causing an issue.

        Again, we are waiting for Google Analytics to catchup with the changes we made yesterday to see if this fixes the errored reporting of where conversions are coming from.

        Have you since figured this out on your end?
        Benjamin Smith - Developer
        www.midwestgunworks.com

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by MGWben View Post
          Hey Jim, we have been running into this exact issue too.
          All of our sites that implement that GA4 module show good Google Analytics data for all aspects except for the conversions which are assigned to the (not set) metric.
          Have you since figured this out on your end?
          Hi MGWben , I have not found a solution. I am still seeing the same thing that you are. I contacted Scot and Google probably 6 months ago. Scot did not know of any reason for this and Google said that, at that time not all features were available yet for GA4 so that might be why it was not working. So I have been waiting. FYI...I did notice when testing that sometimes it takes a few days for the changes that you make to show up in Google 4 Analytics. Thank you for responding, please let me know if you find a solution.
          Last edited by Jim Cockerham; 12-21-22, 07:53 AM.
          Highly caffeinated
          http://www.coffeehouseexpress.com

          Comment

          Working...
          X