Live Chat integration questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Chat integration questions

I am looking for recommendations on a live chat integration. Affordable being key.
    The App Store has LiveChat which is pricey, chat.io (which seems to be also LiveChat), Formilla, LiveHelp and OpenWidget.
    There's also Zendesk, suspiciously without pricing on their site and Olark

Zero experience here so is one better than the other?
    Pitfalls I don't know about?

pat
    http://lockitt.com

I've set up Tawk for a client before. It's free or you can pay like $20/month to remove their logo and add your own. Simple to set up and use, low overhead. Free to test. Just add a simple script to your global footer.
    Ron Frigon
    Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

Ron Frigon thanks for that. Trying it out.
      pat

Comment

FYI: Though things maybe changing with the uselessness of ChatAI based chat. Chat features do imply a sense of instant gratification on the part of your customer. So, if you are not willing to support this at least 9-5, you are better off just having a prominent link to a contact form. (and do state availability times.)

The most common complaint from customers of our client's where we tried chat was "how come no one was available". And don't get me started with ChatAI...
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
          FYI: Though things maybe changing with the uselessness of ChatAI based chat. Chat features do imply a sense of instant gratification on the part of your customer. So, if you are not willing to support this at least 9-5, you are better off just having a prominent link to a contact form. (and do state availability times.)

The most common complaint from customers of our client's where we tried chat was "how come no one was available". And don't get me started with ChatAI...
          Good points and can't stand all this AI BS .. but perhaps mostly because I am an old fart :-)
          I am testing Tawk but will yank it if it proves to become a negative.
          pat

Comment

if you are not willing to support this at least 9-5, you are better off just having a prominent link to a contact form
            What he said... Truth. If you use chat it needs to be monitored and replies need to be prompt. It's real time and that's what customers expect.

With Tawk you do have a lot of options for the display of the widget. Business hours, away, disable altogether after hours etc.
            Ron Frigon
            Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

Above advice taken into consideration, I decided to remove the Tawk chat code. It is very difficult, for a tiny company with limited resources, to always be online and available.
              I am also worried about an outside chat provider having access to our customer's contact information. Sticking with the contact page, instant gratification is overrated anyway.
              pat

Comment

Originally posted by Patd265 View Post
                I am also worried about an outside chat provider having access to our customer's contact information. Sticking with the contact page, instant gratification is overrated anyway.
                I nominate this for quote of the year...maybe decade.
                Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Patd265 View Post

Good points and can't stand all this AI BS .. but perhaps mostly because I am an old fart :-)
                  not old. wise. ChatAI currently does nothing more than make it a tad easier to sort through previously created articles that never seem to address what you are actually looking for. :)

Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
                  X