X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MivaScript and Miva Merchant Documentation Time Capsule

Dear Jon,

Where did you find these? I asked for these the first time I came out to do docs?

I did notice a Cobalt Cube in Rick's office, you might want to see what is on the hard drive.

Do you know what was used to generate the old 3.XX and 4.XX Docs? The new Web Based system pretty much suck and there is no easy way to link directly to a particular subject. I wanted to create docs like the 3.XX and 4.XX but no one seems to know how they were built.
    Thank You,

Nerd Boy

http://www.nerdboyinc.com

1-855-Nerd-Boy

Comment

Jeff, most of these documents were in the CVS "documents" repository. I doubt the Qube in Rick's office has anything important on it--the next place I plan on looking is in the old Exchange archive to see if I can find anything from the MM5 beta list or the old MivaScript mailing lists.

If I can find an archive of my old email account, I'm sure there's gobs of useful information there. I found a circa-2002 backup of my Miva laptop at my house that I'll dig through eventually as well.

The documents in the CVS repository seem to be mostly Microsoft Word, with a little bit of HTML here and there. I think the 3.x MivaScript guide was written in RoboHelp, but I haven't found any source documents yet.

Comment

Jon

This is good information, I expect to weed through all of this over the next few weeks. I've already found a few omissions in my own "complete" function listing.

Please keep em coming.
        Ray Yates
        "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
        --- Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Is it just me but even though I am logged in I can not access any of the file attachments. It says
          rberger, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
          If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Comment

rberger,

contact Wayne or Jim in technical support at 858-490-2570 option 3 or email [email protected] ATTN:JIM in the subject line. They can check this and fix your access.
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]
            https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks, it looks like someone has taken care of it and enabled my login to access the files and to post to the Developer's Forum. This information is really a big help!
              Thanks
              Rob

Comment

Is theire an update for the MM5 Module Functions list?
                http://www.mivamerchant.com/support/..._Functions.txt

At one time I had reformatted the list to make it easier to read and use.
                http://www.pcinet-llc.com/docs/MM5_M...Functions.html

Both of these are at least partially out of date. For example the API for the new Custom Category fields are not included and their are probably others.
                Ray Yates
                --- Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

We haven't updated the official function list yet. The current plan is to do so some time shortly after PR6.

Comment

Thanks, they did get me set up properly now on the forum and these resouces along with the Limited Source kit for Core 17 really made a BIG difference in terms of my ability to write our Miva Module. I'm cranking along rapidly now!

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
                    rberger,

contact Wayne or Jim in technical support at 858-490-2570 option 3 or email [email protected] ATTN:JIM in the subject line. They can check this and fix your access.

Comment

Re: MM5DB-041029-beta-poster.pdf

Originally posted by burch View Post
                      This document is a poster-sized PDF diagram of the Miva Merchant v5 database.

It seems a little dated and incomplete. Notably, none of the Template system database tables are included, and it still references MMUI and Portal UI.

I'm attaching the Visio source file, as well as two .PDF versions. MM5DB-041029-beta-letters.pdf is formatted to print on a bunch of letter-sized pages, and MM5DB-041029-beta-poster.pdf is a single poster-sized page.
                      Hello Burch, first that anything thanks for the technical documents for the developer community. I am Miguel Valencia and I want to convert me in a new MIVA developer, today I work in a e-commerce company project in México, I implent tecnologies in MIVA merchant how modules and solutions. Now we have the need to create a desktop managment system or ERP to our e-commerce company based MIVA, and I need this API documentation, and documentation of the way that how to create a synchronization application to MIVA. I can't download this database schema file because I don't have permisions to download. I need your help to this Burch.

Best Regards Miguel Valencia

Comment

Re: MM5DB-041029-beta-poster.pdf

Originally posted by Miguel Valencia View Post
                        Now we have the need to create a desktop managment system or ERP to our e-commerce company based MIVA, and I need this API documentation, and documentation of the way that how to create a synchronization application to MIVA.
                        Well .. is off topic (you should create your own topic with your question) but here are some infos (I only used google with "api miva merchant" as keywords):

http://www.google.fr/search?q=api+mi...GLL_fr___FR375

First answer: http://www.mivamerchant.com/support/docs/api/
                        Second answer: http://www.4thebest.com/miva-merchant-5-api/

I hope it helps ;)
                        Regards
                        Zen Radio : Relax :) : www.zenradio.fm
                        MivaScript Tutorials & Scripts : www.mivascript.org

Comment

MivaScript and Miva Merchant Documentation Time Capsule

Thanks for your input.

I setup the Miva Merchant for authorize only on Credit Cards but the Card information is not sent to my PC. I have to go to my admin page to obtain card info. and expiry date. Can I set Miva to send me all the info so I dont have to go through so much hassle to process the cards in my office?

Comment

You NEVER want to email Credit Card numbers. It's insecure and when your customers cards start being stolen you'll be held liable.
                            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                            CEO
                            Miva, Inc.
                            [email protected]
                            https://www.miva.com

Comment

Are there any VM release notes for v5_03, 04, 05 and 06?
                              Ray Yates
                              --- Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

I found them. It seems that after 5.02 the path they were saved in was changed.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X