Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miva Mia 5.34 Runtime error: MvOPEN: System library "MYSQLCLIENT" is not registered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miva Mia 5.34 Runtime error: MvOPEN: System library "MYSQLCLIENT" is not registered

Hello,

I just installed miva mia 5.34 and am getting the runtime error System library "MYSQLCLIENT" is not registered. diagtool.mvc shows mysql as installed database library. There is no MYSQLCLIENT in my registry. Other posts with this issue were all related to empressa.

I am curious why this is occurring with 5.34. When I use MVDMYSQL.DLL version 5.33, I do not get this error.

Is there a fix for version 5.34?

Thanks,
    -mike

Hi Mike,

If open the configuration for Mia and go into 'Libraries' are you seeing it listed for 5.34?

mia.jpg
    Jim McCormick
    Miva Merchant Support
    866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

Hi Jim,

Yes, it is listed.

miva-mia-config.png

Thanks!
      -mike

Comment

Jim,

Here is a capture that better aligns with your capture...
        miva-mia-config2.png

FYI - The Usps_Miva_Dll.dll is a custom DLL we successfully (Yeah!!) created to fetch a USPS IMB barcode. The ODBC is Miva's recently open source dll we use daily.

-mike

Comment

5.33 does not give this error...
          miva-mia-config-5-33.png

Comment

Mike,

I'm sorry I was looking for and thinking of the wrong the wrong dll. This is a new library requirement and let me see what I can find on it and how to get it for Windows.
            Jim McCormick
            Miva Merchant Support
            866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

Sounds good Jim! Thank you very much!
              -mike

Comment

Hi Mike,

5.34 we no longer package the MySQL library (or any other library with the engine such as PostgreSQL, BZ2, etc...). You will need to add a system library entry pointing to the the DLL on your system (MYSQLCLIENT.DLL).
                David Carver
                Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

Thanks David!

Would you have this elusive MYSQLCLIENT.DLL? It is not part of the mysql installation and searching for it gets lots of requests/needs but no luck finding it.

-mike

Comment

Hi Mike,

Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same issue.

Scott
                    Last edited by ids; 07-19-21, 05:00 PM.
                    Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
                    Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
                    MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
                    Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
                    AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
                    My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

Comment

Hi Scott,

No luck finding the elusive .dll. You can use the 5.32 mvdmysql.dll (4.85MB) in your 5.34 install and your mysql will work. I wish Miva would make the mysqlclient.dll available for download. Without it, our mysql will be stuck at 5.32 going forward.

-mike

Comment

The last thing support told me was that the .dll should be available in the MySQL distribution. Therefore, my conclusion is that it must be in a later version than I have installed, which seems to be a while ago, Windows install, MySQL 5.6. I might just install it anyway, but I'm trying to find out what MySQL version the DLL became available.

BTW: It's possible that there is a distribution license needed for that DLL, and Miva can't ship it any longer.

Scott
                        AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration

Comment

Just more info for this for a Windows distribution: The file, apparently an OLD library, MYSQLCLIENT.DLL cannot be redistributed because of licensing reasons.

Also, it appears the file does NOT exist in later MySQL distributions, the latest 8.0.25, or even the oldest archive I found version 5.0.+. I have also tried renaming some DLL files I thought might work with no joy.

Some of the other questions and problems I ran into, Does the file/library need to be specifically named MYSQLCLIENT.DLL to be able to register it in Mia 5.35 and does the CASE of the filename make a difference? The problem I ran into for 5.35 was I could not delete the added library for the test without editing the Windows Registry.

Scott

Comment

We tried similar with dll renaming that we thought would work. No luck too. I did find this in the miva mia release notes.

Major Changes
                            -------------
                            - The following libraries are now dynamically loaded and need to be registered as system libraries:
                            - MySQL: A system library with code "MYSQLCLIENT" must be registered and point to the location of the MySQL client library
                            E.g. <SYSTEM-LIB CODE="MYSQLCLIENT" LIBRARY="/usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.dylib">
                            - PostgreSQL: A system library with code "PQ" must be registered and point to the location of the PostgreSQL library
                            E.g. <SYSTEM-LIB CODE="PQ" LIBRARY="/usr/lib/libpq.dylib">

We tried setting this up in IIS8 but no luck. Note that the "MYSQLCLIENT" is a "code" in the system library setup in IIS.

In Mia, setting up a system library with method = "MYSQLCLIENT" wouldn't work since we don't have the dll.

In the latest MySQL distribution, there is a library file mysqlclient.lib. When it was created, the .dll would also be created. So I wonder why they don't distribute the dll. Similarly, in the distribution there is both a libmysql.dll and libmysql.lib. I wonder if one can create the mysqlclient.dll from the included mysqlclient.lib? (Yeh, grasping at straws)

I assume Miva has 5.34+ working with MySQL on Windows; so hopefully they can provide some guidance with this issue.

Thanks for looking into this, Scott. It would be nice not to be stuck with Miva MySQL 5.32 going forward.

-mike

Comment

Hey Mike,

Good news is that I seemingly got Mia 5.35 working. I needed to load/install/update with the latest MySQL distribution.

mysql-installer-web-community-8.0.26.0.msi

I have Windows 10 Home atm, but I am able to run the 64bit version.

I'll have to give you the rest later, there is more to it, but no need to rename any files or move files, etc. Running the MySQL update isn't hard, but, you may run into issues. It appears to be a resource hog. Run a lean Windows session if you can when you do it. NOTE: I needed to SKIP the update to the system files because it didn't like my password. Skipping that if you don't know it shouldn't be an issue. I haven't seen a problem yet anyway. I use HeidiSQL to manage these DBs on my local machine.

Regards,

Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X