No announcement yet.

Email address not set on input creating mailchimp sync errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me check and see if there is a way to get the merge fields to be set during checkout / customer create.

However, what your describing to be able to send targeted emails based on what customers purchased should already work. We send full order information for each order including the item data. If the customer is subscribed to your mailing list, you should be able to use Mailchimps tools to create campaigns based on what was purchased. You shouldn't need merge fields for that. Is that not working for you?
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

When creating new segments, the information is not coming through correctly. I just created a segment using product code containing “TY”. The last order that pulled to be put in this segment is from June. After a quick scroll in Miva, we’ve sold TY most days since then.

Also, we have 17,689 contacts but only 6,942 of these are subscribers. We have a clause on our website that says we can use their email information to send marketing materials so they should all come in as subscribers. I’m wondering if the reason no new orders are pulling is because these contacts aren’t subscribers.

Comment

Mailchimp won't let you filter on the order data unless the customer is part of one of your lists. Do you have the "Automatically Opt In all customers" setting set in the module. This will subscribe any customer who places an order automatically.
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Yep, they are all opted in when they go through checkout.

Comment

Corey Boggs at Miva support has helped us through all of this and would know all technical details of what has or has not been done. Corey can explain it best.

Comment

No answer on this yet, the reply we got from development folks is that it's not possible. Exactly who built this app for Miva because at this point it simply appears to be an email collector for newsletter purposes. At that level, I might as well just export my email addresses from order file and import that way. This is madness.

Comment

Working...
              X