Abandoned basket follow-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abandoned basket follow-up

I have the Lost and Found orders module by Weiland. I am wondering if anyone is using it to contact those customers who abandoned their baskets? Do you have any success with this strategy? Are there any legal/spam issues associated with this?

thanks

Originally posted by Red Flare
    I have the Lost and Found orders module by Weiland. I am wondering if anyone is using it to contact those customers who abandoned their baskets? Do you have any success with this strategy? Are there any legal/spam issues associated with this?

thanks
    Restock Shelves is better suited for this as it can automatically send you a list of abandoned orders with customer information. Not a lawyer, so I'm not sure about the legal ramifications. If they are unhappy that you emailed them, they can report you as a spammer.
    Jason Henderson - JMH Web Services
    Miva Merchant Marketing Mastermind Group

SEO & Marketing for Miva Merchant
    Miva Merchant Modules Comparison Directory
    Miva Merchant Tutorials
    Working with Miva Merchant since 1999 including search engine optimization and marketing specifically for Miva Merchant store owners.

Comment

Re: Abandoned basket follow-up

I use lost and found orders to contact people all the time. I don't get many abandoned baskets, but I find that I convert most after sending the email. I use a generic email with a list of commonly asked questions. I probably convert 80% of those I contact.

My wife tells me Old Navy does the same thing.

Comment

Working...
      X