Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rguisewite View Post
    Hey Paul,

Including the shipping rules into the product import is pretty straightforward. Posting an example of how it would be done below. Another option you could do (this is just in case you wanted to mess around with what fields are available for importing, etc) is go to Data Management > Import/Export and click the "Export Products to Flat File" button. There, you can select all the fields and data you want to export, then export however many of your products you want (make sure you have the export format set to "Product Import") and when you view the file, it will give you an example, using your own data, as to how the product import module will read it back.

Anyway, here is the example of a generic import (I filtered out a lot of the product fields just so it is easier to read):

Code:
    PRODUCT_CODE,PRODUCT_NAME,SHIPPING_WIDTH,SHIPPING_LENGTH,SHIPPING_HEIGHT,SEPARATE_PACKAGE,LIMIT_SHIPPING_METHODS,SHIPPING_METHODS
    my_product_code,my_product_name,10,5,12,1,1,"flatrate:shippingmethod_1,minunit:minunit_1"
    If you didn't care about the shipping package dimensions (ie, you're just interested in the permitted shipping methods), you'd just remove them, like so:

Code:
    PRODUCT_CODE,PRODUCT_NAME,LIMIT_SHIPPING_METHODS,SHIPPING_METHODS
    my_product_code,my_product_name,1,"flatrate:shippingmethod_1,minunit:minunit_1"
    where "flatrate" is the module code ":" is the separator between module code and method code, and "shippingmethod_1" is the method code. This can be a comma separated list of all the [module_code]:[method_code] formatted permitted shipping methods for the product.

Let me know if anything above isn't quite clear or the exact info you were looking for is absent :)

Ryan
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. What I'm wondering is if the methods are all replaced upon import (including if the imported value is blank).

Paul

Comment

Yes, they are.

Comment

Ah. It depends. If you have the SHIPPING_METHODS included (whether in the header, or you've manually mapped it yourself in the import settings), it will always overwrite ALL permitted methods. Ie, blank will clear them all out, one will clear and then replace with one, etc.

If you don't include the SHIPPING_METHODS header, then they will be left alone and not touched. If you want to just modify some, leaving the others alone, you could either a.) have a separate import that includes the SHIPPING_METHODS output for the ones you want to modify, and leave it off your other import. b.) export first, modify the export, and reimport (since the export will have all the shipping methods set for you), or c.) do what you were doing before with the XML version, since you can manually specify which ones you want to set. With the product import, because of the way the tabular data works, it is all or nothing (aka, you either specify that you want to change the permitted methods for ALL products in the import, or none of them)
        Ryan Guisewite
        Lead UI Developer / Miva, Inc.
        www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by rguisewite View Post
          Ah. It depends. If you have the SHIPPING_METHODS included (whether in the header, or you've manually mapped it yourself in the import settings), it will always overwrite ALL permitted methods. Ie, blank will clear them all out, one will clear and then replace with one, etc.

If you don't include the SHIPPING_METHODS header, then they will be left alone and not touched. If you want to just modify some, leaving the others alone, you could either a.) have a separate import that includes the SHIPPING_METHODS output for the ones you want to modify, and leave it off your other import. b.) export first, modify the export, and reimport (since the export will have all the shipping methods set for you), or c.) do what you were doing before with the XML version, since you can manually specify which ones you want to set. With the product import, because of the way the tabular data works, it is all or nothing (aka, you either specify that you want to change the permitted methods for ALL products in the import, or none of them)
          This is how I need it to behave. Our feed will always have the desired methods for each product. Thank you.
          Paul

Comment

Working...
          X