This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 Dream Features

Is there a way to resend the shipping confirmation email to the customer in PR7? Can you send it to both the billing and shipping email addresses?
    Yes click into the Order Details (by clicking on the Order) in Manage Orders. You'll see an Order Fulfillment Module Tab in the order, click that tab and choose the module you'd like to trigger (such as Customer Email Confirmation) place a check mark in it and click the button.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Oh I'm sorry, I just saw Shipping Confirmation. Not sure, let me check.
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]

Comment

Canada Post is on our list and should be out before September.
        Do you mean shipping rate calculation or integration with wombat to create shipping labels etc?

Either is great...I was just curious.
        Thanks,
        Christine

Comment

Do you mean shipping rate calculation or integration with wombat to create shipping labels etc?
          The plan is for both.
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
            Oh I'm sorry, I just saw Shipping Confirmation. Not sure, let me check.
            It seems to me that this option would have been listed under the Order Fullfillment tab under manage orders. I thought is strange that you can resend the customer order confirmation and the merchant notification emails, but not the shipping confirmation email.

Is Miva going to get this option added?

Comment

It seems to me that this option would have been listed under the Order Fullfillment tab under manage orders. I thought is strange that you can resend the customer order confirmation and the merchant notification emails, but not the shipping confirmation email.
              It was there during the beta, but from an API perspective Fulfillment modules are triggered on the Invoice screen and these are fundamentally different than that, so we moved them under Utilities.

Is Miva going to get this option added?
              I'm sure we will but the soonest would be July in our next feature release.
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]

Comment

It was there during the beta, but from an API perspective Fulfillment modules are triggered on the Invoice screen and these are fundamentally different than that, so we moved them under Utilities.
                You mention that you moved it under Utilities, yet I do not see any option to send/resend shipping confirmation email under Utilities?

Comment

If it hasn't already been requested, a way for the customer to get a shipping calculation. Perhaps they can click on the basket and see what the estimated ship cost is based on the contents. Otherwise they have to go thru the whole checkout process right up to the point of payment to get a ship cost. Thank you

Comment

You mention that you moved it under Utilities, yet I do not see any option to send/resend shipping confirmation email under Utilities?
                    We moved the module configuration under there. Currently you can't resend we'll include that in some future update.
                    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                    CEO
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]

Comment

When the status of the order is listed as shipped, create a hyperlink with the tracking number under Manage Orders/Shipments; rather than having just the tracking number which you have to copy and paste into Fedex/USPS/UPS.

Comment

I noticed that now MIVA have a promotion that "50% off additional storefronts".
                        For me who operate bilingual site under 1 store, the offer is very good deal only if the control panel show the correct language (for example, Japanese). So, the meta tag works correctly for Japanese search engine. Unfortunately, even if I buy the additional store, the function is same. I can't read the language on the control panel after I publish (I can fill in Japanese but after update, the language is totally broken on the control panel even though I can read it on the browser).

While I operate 2 language pages under 1 store right now, the navigation seems difficult for Japanese customer , especially the checkout section. So, they send e-mail and order via e-mail or fax right now. If I can add a foreign language store, it's very convenience for both me and customer, also for search engine and more business maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Alegria0125 View Post
                          I noticed that now MIVA have a promotion that "50% off additional storefronts".
                          For me who operate bilingual site under 1 store, the offer is very good deal only if the control panel show the correct language (for example, Japanese). So, the meta tag works correctly for Japanese search engine. Unfortunately, even if I buy the additional store, the function is same. I can't read the language on the control panel after I publish (I can fill in Japanese but after update, the language is totally broken on the control panel even though I can read it on the browser).

While I operate 2 language pages under 1 store right now, the navigation seems difficult for Japanese customer , especially the checkout section. So, they send e-mail and order via e-mail or fax right now. If I can add a foreign language store, it's very convenience for both me and customer, also for search engine and more business maybe.
                          Very interesting... We've been wanting to implement an "ideal" "bilingual" strategy (for lack of a better term) for some time. There are so many issues involved (e.g.: SEO, Navigation, Search, Home/Category/Product updates, Checkout, etc...). Years ago we had a bilingual site, we had to abandon the project after two years due to inadequate ROI. In "our particular case", we found that bilingual pages works well for us -with the exception of checkout pages, here is where a significant number of "our" visitors experience some difficulties. In "our particular case", it seems the ideal solution from a "practicality" perspective, would be to provide visitors the option to checkout in an alternate language. Would welcome your opinion.
                          Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Normally you can implement this, if the languages aren't showing up properly it's due to the language encoding set on the server.

Of course that still means all the admin stuff is in English
                            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                            CEO
                            Miva, Inc.
                            [email protected]

Comment

Normally you can implement this, if the languages aren't showing up properly it's due to the language encoding set on the server.

Of course that still means all the admin stuff is in English
                              Sorry Rick, I'm not sure I understand what you meant. Could please elaborate further?
                              Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Me either.

Because my HELP pages were made of Dream weaver and separately kept in the File manager of my server. The pages are linked to the page made of MIVA control panel's Page section.

I can read and edit the HELP pages on the server without any problem and when I see the page resource on the browser, the language is correctly shown.

However, if I paste the file on the page of MIVA (let say, the item description) box and update, the language is broken and can't edit and read on the MIVA control panel. So, when the Japanese search engine index my site, the only HELP pages is captured.

When I started to use MIVA, I contacted MIVA agent at many times about this and they told the MIVA control panel doesn't support the foreign language.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X