X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 Dream Features

Dexterity,

All 5 of those should be covered before Summer is out.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

All great suggestions (worth mentioning again, even if some have already been mentioned).

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
        Dexterity,

All 5 of those should be covered before Summer is out.

Very nice! Thank you for your response.

Comment

In 4.xx MailerMailer adds new customers to my existing email list via a module - this is needed in 5.5
          Mitch Rezman
          General Manager
          Windy City Parrot, Inc.
          906 N Western Ave
          Chicago, Illinois 60622
          Website - Blog
          Twitter - Facebook

Youtube - LinkedIn

Comment

I'll break this into two groups, new ideas and support for ideas already posted. No particular priority order:

NEW:
            1) Miva conference on the east coast.
            2) Shipping calc includes basis for shipping carton required for 1 item, plus additional weight for 2 items, third different item. Right now if I put in a base weight, ordering two different items includes the cost/weight of shipping container twice in the total weight, and I'm constantly refunding overpaid postage.
            3) Awareness of USPS flat rate (priority mail) boxes. This would probably require dimensional calculations in addition to weights.
            4) Easier customization of standard top navigation bar (such as text change on link buttons) without buying a complete skin or template. Maybe this is in CSSUI, dunno yet, but right now those words are images.
            5) SMTP auth for store e-mail in domain settings
            6) When viewing a product detail in a category, being able to click on the category to return to the full category list (currently greyed out and non-clickable) instead of having to click on a different category first, then back to the category you wanted.
            7) Ability to group products in the admin, like A-Z or some other grouping, show all the products starting with A, not just ALL or ACTIVE and pages 1-95. Especially for stores with zillions of products.
            8) Kit price. This is different than variants. Buy one of these plus one of those, and one of these too and save 15%. I know there's something like this for coupons for pricing, but haven't seen for kits that would track inventory from the individual items when you buy as a kit.
            9) Lay-away billing for expensive items (example: jewelry). Multi-part payment layaway, ship when you're done paying, come back to the site to make your next payment.
            10) After a customer logs in, admin has the option to set what page comes up next, whether it's customer contact info page like it defaults now, order history page, featured product page, or some other custom page.
            11) URL Masking. Similar to how the SEO enhancements work, let the primary site use these short URLs for site navigation so the inner workings of Miva weren't being revealed in the URL.

SUPPORT PREVIOUSLY NOTED:
            1) Integration with USPS API for postage, but add idea that it skips the need for Endicia or Stamps.com and prints postage directly from Miva. Why pay two masters?
            2) Separate shipments. Some carts exceed the max weight or size of a single shipment from the carriers and need to be broken into multiple shipments instead of just refusing to checkout. I can send 1 or 2 of the same item bound together as one shipment, but when you get to 3, now it needs to start a second shipment calculation.
            3) Clone product (just need to change product code before saving)

Best in health,
            ==Paul>

Comment

Actually, I have a suggestion for a dream feature for this particular thread:

You might take the top twenty suggestions so far and set them up as a POLL thread instead. Then let people vote on them so you will get a better idea of exactly which changes would be the most requested / wanted.

as it is no, being in a thread format like this, if I see a suggestion that I think is good, I don't want to re-state the same request. I think most posters would hesitate from spamming this thread by repeating the same thing as someone else said.

The problem is when only one person wants one particular feature, you don't know if there aren't more requests for it because only one person wanted it, or because everybody else who wanted it saw that it had already been mentioned and thought, why mention it again?

Hope this helps.

Mark
              Mark Romero
              ~~~~~~~~

Comment

will there be a way to type customer notes so when you send the customer notification you can include notes pertaining to an order for the customer to read (i.e upgraded shipping for free, exchange received shipped size large as requested, etc)

Thanks.

Comment

The ability to list out a different HST tax rate for each Canadian province.

See the following thread for more info:
                  http://extranet.mivamerchant.com/for...755#post357755
                  Thanks,
                  Christine

Comment

Just want to bring it up again since this dream list is soooo long.
                    two things
                    1) be able to set WHAT the character is that builds the varient skus.
                    wombat defaults to underscore.. but I want hypens instead.
                    some store might want periods.

2) be able to more easily populate a fresh wombat store with no products with a lot of products that have lots of options and attributes..

My current understanding is that wombat requires me to go into the store and manually create the product varients by pressing and click a lot of buttons. That isn't feasible for a LOT of products. I think this should be importable via the product import.

for example I should be able to create a product list in csv format to import that has the info required in it something like this.
                    full sku, parent sku, qty, ....

skux-blue, skux, 2
                    skux-red, skux, 3
                    skux-black, skux, 27

all these blue, red and black versions of product x should be tied to the master product of skux automatically and also created if they don't exist and tied to skux automatically.

I can't covert to wombat until there is a resoution for stores with lots of products with options to easily move to the new wombat inventory system. A re-import of the full product offering makes the most logical sense.
                    Last edited by kayakbabe; 06-11-10, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I would expect both of those to be addressed with the updated Import/Export modules in the next release.
                      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                      CEO
                      Miva, Inc.
                      [email protected]

Comment

Allow module developers to add "Check For Update" links to Module's Information tab so customers don't have to go from Module to module. Alternately, this could be done in another place...just the idea of a one place to check all. The link would just be a function call that they developer can insert to link to their existing version check system, so it would be great to have the function grab the module variables as its parameter.
                        Bruce Golub
                        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
                          Allow module developers to add "Check For Update" links to Module's Information tab so customers don't have to go from Module to module. Alternately, this could be done in another place...just the idea of a one place to check all. The link would just be a function call that they developer can insert to link to their existing version check system, so it would be great to have the function grab the module variables as its parameter.
                          Agreed. If possible, including the option of a changelog or at least a link to the changelog would be welcomed.

Comment

@Bruce and Brandon,

This feature is certain to make it in, sometime this year we'll do a Feature Upgrade 6 (which is the naming convention for updates to the updater) and we've been talking about adding an API for this kind of thing for a bit.
                            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                            CEO
                            Miva, Inc.
                            [email protected]

Comment

If you are working on the Modules API (Not Merchant API) please add the ability to add tabs and contents to the batch screens at the same time. Talke it over with Burch. I know it's not on the "most requested feature" list, but it would allow whole new class of modules to be developed that currently don't exist.

Contact me off list if you want to know more.
                              Ray Yates
                              "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
                              --- Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Originally posted by kayakbabe View Post
                                Just want to bring it up again since this dream list is soooo long.
                                two things
                                1) be able to set WHAT the character is that builds the varient skus.
                                wombat defaults to underscore.. but I want hypens instead.
                                some store might want periods.

2) be able to more easily populate a fresh wombat store with no products with a lot of products that have lots of options and attributes..

My current understanding is that wombat requires me to go into the store and manually create the product varients by pressing and click a lot of buttons. That isn't feasible for a LOT of products. I think this should be importable via the product import.

for example I should be able to create a product list in csv format to import that has the info required in it something like this.
                                full sku, parent sku, qty, ....

skux-blue, skux, 2
                                skux-red, skux, 3
                                skux-black, skux, 27

all these blue, red and black versions of product x should be tied to the master product of skux automatically and also created if they don't exist and tied to skux automatically.

I can't covert to wombat until there is a resoution for stores with lots of products with options to easily move to the new wombat inventory system. A re-import of the full product offering makes the most logical sense.
                                While the CSV import options do not exist at this time, you can accomplish this using the Provisioning feature and import variants using the attached XML template I've included with this post.
                                Attached Files
                                David Roquemore
                                CIO and VP of Quality Assurance
                                Miva Merchant
                                [email protected]
                                http://www.mivamerchant.com

Comment

Working...
                                X