Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a prominent link to documenation within the forum screens...
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

One more wish...(or pointer if possible)...to be able to KILL the view of a post. There are some post that just go on forwever, without adding to the informational quotent of the forum. (ah, but not like this one?).

Doable? Possible?
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

If I'm going to be more active here, I need to change my user name from scot, to Scot - ScotsScripts.com

How do I do that, and if I can't, will an administrator do it for me?

Thanks-

Scot
        M.A.D.* since 1997

http://www.scotsscripts.com

*miva application developers

Comment

Originally posted by Scot - ScotsScripts.com
          If I'm going to be more active here, I need to change my user name from scot, to Scot - ScotsScripts.com

How do I do that, and if I can't, will an administrator do it for me?

Thanks-

Scot
          All taken care of.

In the future, if someone needs a special request, they can always drop me a PM and I will see what I can do about making changes.

Comment

Thanks Julie!
            M.A.D.* since 1997

http://www.scotsscripts.com

*miva application developers

Comment

Re: Forum Wish List

I find that I get irritated by the forum search quite often. If I search for &mvt:widget:basket:item_count; because I'm trying to find references to it in the MM5 forum, it gives an error. Sometimes having things like "the" or "a" will give an error. It's a pain in the butt. Can there be an advanced mode that does not have such restrictions?

Comment

Hi Chuck,
                The maximum word length was set to 20 characters, which is why you received the error. I have extended the permitted word length to 30 characters. For future reference, you may want to reduce the search string to something that is more unique to that search (i.e. "widget") if it exceeds 30 characters. Just a thought. As for "a" and "the," those should not trigger an error as long as there are other search terms that are 3 characters or longer. However, "a" and "the" will not be searched, regardless, because of their frequency of use and resulting impact on search performance.

There is a link for advanced search features via the search drop down at the top of the forums. It won't address these particular issues, but it is available.

Comment

I often have questions about third party modules that I know would be popular to know the answer to. I ask the developer, they answer me, and only I benefit. Also, some people know things even the developers don't know, especially Tool Kit, which can have lots of iterations of coding.

So, my wish list for the forum is to have a section for Third Party Modules, and subsections for Tool Kit, Sebenza Template Modules, Wow Wow Widgets, etc. An archive of code would be great, too, in one place for each. I personally probably have 20 things each to contribute for Tool Kit and Wow Wow Widgets...

Thanks for the consideration.

Comment

I think this is an excellent idea.

Comment

Agreed - I had always hoped the Forum would become a repository of good information. It is very difficult to search for things. I had an easier time searching through my emails...
                      Leslie
                      www.lesliekirk.com | Twitter | Facebook
                      Past Web Production Manager for eMediaSales
                      Previously of www.websyourway.com
                      Forum Moderator lesliekirk
                      Miva Merchant and more ... since 1997

Comment

I'd like to see at least two new boards added:

Professional Help Services - Requests
                        Professional Help Services - Offers

I've found these helpful when I visited another shopping cart's forums.

These would be intended for: hosting, modules, general development, designers, etc.

It would be helpful if this was open to more than just Miva specific products, such as help with analytic software setup, SEO, usability/shopability, etc.

End users would benefit from this.

I think this would help end users learn about the quality level of the products and services they are seeking. It might help end users judge the historical reputations of those offering products/services.
                        DiVino Theme

Comment

Originally posted by doubleplus
                          So, my wish list for the forum is to have a section for Third Party Modules, and subsections for Tool Kit, Sebenza Template Modules, Wow Wow Widgets, etc. An archive of code would be great, too, in one place for each. I personally probably have 20 things each to contribute for Tool Kit and Wow Wow Widgets...
                          I too, think is a good idea...

Originally posted by gomblue
                          I'd like to see at least two new boards added:

Professional Help Services - Requests
                          Professional Help Services - Offers
                          Perhaps there could be a subsection of forums dedicated to the development community - these three would be a good start.

Tim.
                          Tim Bogus

Comment

Can you make the forum navigation easier to figure things out? With 'two' versions of Miva Merchant 5 - I'm finding it very difficult to determine where it's most appropriate to put a post (eg. where it's going to get the most relevant reads).

For example, I need to post about an existing MM feature and when I do this I'm always afraid it's going to get lost in the midst of things...

Quite hard to deal with for an OCD-ish type of person like myself. ;)

Tim
                            Tim Bogus

Comment

I agree. The novelty of 5.5 has worn off. The 5 and 5.5 forums should be combined.
                              Bill Weiland - Emporium Plus http://www.emporiumplus.com/store.mvc
                              Online Documentation http://www.emporiumplus.com/tk3/v3/doc.htm
                              Question http://www.emporiumplus.com/mivamodu...vc?Screen=SPTS
                              Facebook http://www.facebook.com/EmporiumPlus
                              Twitter http://twitter.com/emporiumplus

Comment

Originally posted by wcw View Post
                                I agree. The novelty of 5.5 has worn off. The 5 and 5.5 forums should be combined.
                                I second or third that motion :)

Comment

Working...
                                X