Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

htaccess > loading remote accessed PDF's into iframe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

htaccess > loading remote accessed PDF's into iframe?

I have a handful of PDF's on our site that get a significant amount of hits but people are accessing them directly. I was wondering if it was possible to use htaccess to rewrite those requests so that the pdf is served with a simple store page with a link to the file rather than the bare file which does nothing for us. This way I could put an invitation to see what else we have or show any special offers and maybe we'd convert a few of those folks into customers.

I think your best bet is to use Miva's download feature...set the price as 0, and allow '0' price to bypass checkout...at least you can get them to a "product" page. The download link is encrypted and therefore cannot be linked to directly.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
      I think your best bet is to use Miva's download feature...set the price as 0, and allow '0' price to bypass checkout...at least you can get them to a "product" page. The download link is encrypted and therefore cannot be linked to directly.
      I'll take a look as I am not familiar with this feature.

Comment

Working...
      X