Send Snapshot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send Snapshot

Similar in some ways to my last question. I remember Bill had a Tool Kit function that would send a copy of a store page - not an image I think, but it 'gathered' the HTML and sent -is that correct? I'm wondering if there is actually a way to submit a copy of a specific page as an image?

The problem is that right now the basket online does combine base price and option prices so I get a single line item total for a product that may have 5 options, each of which adds a cost. Unfortunately I can't access those variables in the merchant email so there is a bit of griping because the warehouse manager has to manually add up all those items. I am guessing I would have to copy all of those to global variables, then send that via the template but out of budget for right now. I was hoping there might be a simple stopgap measure I could offer him i.e. sending of snapshot of the online basket.

Advice?

Hmmm... not sure why it always happens that after I ask a question I get an idea - and can't delete the question. Please delete or ignore this.

Comment

Well, in case you haven't thought about it, you can use MvCall to collect the entire contents of a web page in question, however, not sure why those variables wouldn't be available on final page and can be resorted out as desired on the Merchant email.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Again two seconds after I shot you an email ... :)

In any case I looked using tokenlist and none of those variables seem to be available, so I was trying to copy them all to custom order fields but couldn't get it. Then I tried the contentsection output parameter to try to assign the contents to a variable to no avail. My programming-fu is very bad - more ideas than ability. :/ I also tried to assign it to a textarea via a contentsection call. The textarea got the content - html tags and all- and I assigned a name to the textarea because I thought that the contents would then be available as a global variable (?) but I couldn't get the contents in the variable.

As you can see I'm jumping around a bit I'm more of a creative type and I lack the programmer mindset. Plus I'm old and brain is slowing down. I tried to use what little I do know to work it out, but not there yet.
        Last edited by habreu; 06-08-17, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X