Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Custom Field Data

Hi,

I am having trouble passing custom field data into an Alt Display Page I am making for a category.
    I was using this with the Sebenza module and when I use it in the new page I made it is not seeing the field. I did assign customfield in the item to that page.

<a href="../images/products/&mvt:product:customfield_values:customfields:Image Directory;/&mvt:product:code;.jpg" class="modal-image" onMouseOver="link('Zoom');return true">

It is not seeing this data "&mvt:product:customfield_values:customfields:Imag eDirectory;"

Wasn't sure if it is my syntax or if I need to assign another item to the page?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by mstella1; 09-28-20, 10:49 AM.

There is no need to use the Sebenza module (and is so old and unsupported, I would strongly recommend not using it). Not sure, but it may not support Miva's native custom fields.

Just create a new template by copying the existing Product template, then double check that the same items are applied to both.

Next, make sure the selections in the custom fields list in the Product Display template (below the template) are also the same as the existing.

To have a specific product USE that Template, make sure the "Alternate Template" field on those products is populated with the new page.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Hi Bruce, That's the reason for what I am doing - getting rid of everything Sebenza so we can upgrade to 10.

This is the first template I am creating now so I don't have anything to copy over from until this one is finished. I will use this one as my base for the new ones.

So if I can find out why this isn't pulling the data I should be set, everything else is working for me.
      <a href="../images/products/&mvt:product:customfield_values:customfields:Image Directory;/&mvt:product:code;.jpg" class="modal-image" onMouseOver="link('Zoom');return true">

Thanks

Comment

Check your Item assignments and Custom Field assignments then.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Custom fields are assigned so I am not sure what other items need to be assigned to use those fields.

Comment

It's working now.

I circled back and didn't realize the customfields show up under the template, as you said, until after you assign it. When I made the alt page for the first time it wasn't there and I never went back to that main tab until now.

Thanks for helping.

Comment

Working...
            X