X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kayakbabe
    replied

I read the reasoning and that makes sense. I'm an original Koolcat/HTMLscript/and all the inbetween. I like that you showed the history.
    But there isn't any info on how the new sorting works.
    Does dragging and dropping change the display order? if so, why is display order the label on the button, makes me think that if I drag and drop it only changes what I see in the admin, not in the gui for the customer. Or do all changes I make on that screen affect the gui?

I also figured out I can sort things in the admin by click the column header.. LOVE IT!

Can I sort by combining columns like click on price and then also click on code/name so I can do combined sorting, say I want to look at all my items that are 12.00 or less and want to sort by the codes/skus?

Leave a comment:

• Brennan
    replied
    Some additional context on the new sorting. Previously there were 3 different buttons which were all used for sorting. And the way the batch list worked, when you wanted to sort, you first needed to reload the entire list to a default state before you could sort. For existing Miva users, they had years of muscle memory to do this. However, for new to Miva, when they tried to sort it was very confusing.

So in Miva 10 we decided to move all the sorting functions to its own sort menu. The good news is that this is the same for every batch list so once you know where the new sorting button is, it's consistent for anything you wish to sort. It's now its own screen which avoids the list reloading. Also, because its now its own screen it made adding things like drag and drop far more intuitive.

We talk a little about the sorting problem here: https://www.miva.com/blog/miva-10-history/

Leave a comment:

• kayakbabe
    replied
    hmm that wasn't intuitive at all.

It did work for me that way. Thank you Psydde!

I wonder why they made it a different screen instead of just putting it on the the images tab. It really doesn't make sense to me to leave to a page that looks exactly the same with the same things (images) listed on it. So it isn't a bug per se, it's more of a confusing gui issue.
    Last edited by kayakbabe; 09-27-20, 11:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• delcorsets
    replied
    Hey kayakbabe!

On the Edit Product > Images screen click the Ellipsis button to the right of Add Image Types.

The first option under the ellipsis will be "Sort". Clicking that will open a fullscreen view of all images which can then be sorted by drag-and-drop, "move to", or display numbering.

Upon clicking Save or exiting fullscreen you'll be given the option to also reload the list in the admin reflecting the most up-to-date image order. (Not sure why you wouldn't want to do that?)

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 8.38.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 8.38.42 AM.png
    Last edited by delcorsets; 09-27-20, 04:42 AM. Reason: Added images

Leave a comment:

• kayakbabe
    replied
    Product image display order.

I upgraded a 9.14.00 store dev store to
    Version Miva Merchant 10.00.02
    MivaScript Engine v5.34

Edit product, choose images, I can't figure out a way to alter the image display order (NOT the products order).
    I click the plus to try to show the column for display order...
    There is no way to turn on the field to make it show as a column in the image list, nor can I edit it.
    But it is listed in the undisplayed fields as something I can sort by.

I tried other things on the screen but can't find any way to change order. Even tried using the select all checkbox.. no display order option there either.

How do I change the order the images display in for this products page?

In 9.14 we can alter the display order. That way we don't have to delete them all and re-add them in the order we want them to display.

If it matters I am using Mac Catalina 10.15.6 with Safari version Version 14.0 (15610.1.28.1.9, 15610)

Here are screen shots.

image_2024.jpg

EC31B6BA-54B9-419A-9705-BCC44D2CC17C.jpeg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kayakbabe; 09-26-20, 05:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Brennan
    started a topic Miva Merchant 10.00.x Bug Reports

Miva Merchant 10.00.x Bug Reports

Please post any bugs you come across in Miva 10 here.
Working...
X