GDPR Question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • robinemcd
    Mivite

    • Jun 2006
    • 148

    #1

    GDPR Question

    A customer has asked if our store encrypts personal data at rest?? I assume yes, but thought I should ask.
    ---------------------------------
    Robin McDermott, CQE
    Director of Training
    QualityTrainingPortal.com
  • Rick Wilson
    Uber Mivite











    • Aug 2007
    • 10124

    #2
    Some is and some isn't. You can tell what's encrypted at rest based on if you can see it in the admin without having to put in an encryption passphrase.

    If the data is encrypted at rest, you'll need a PassPhrase to see it, if you can see it in admin without a PassPhrase then it's not encrypted.
    Thanks,

    Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

    Comment

    • robinemcd
      Mivite

      • Jun 2006
      • 148

      #3
      Great! Thanks for that explanation.
      ---------------------------------
      Robin McDermott, CQE
      Director of Training
      QualityTrainingPortal.com

      Comment

      • robinemcd
        Mivite

        • Jun 2006
        • 148

        #4
        Is this encryption done using Miva script functions? We are trying to encrypt data at rest for a non merchant application written in MivaScript and we are not having success using the function.
        ---------------------------------
        Robin McDermott, CQE
        Director of Training
        QualityTrainingPortal.com

        Comment

        • Rick Wilson
          Uber Mivite











          • Aug 2007
          • 10124

          #5
          I'm sure it is, but I wouldn't be able to explain it beyond that. That would be a question for Dev.
          Thanks,

          Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

          Comment

          • cpp-dev
            Mivite


            • Jun 2017
            • 178

            #6
            On the Miva Docs there's a section of the MivaScript functions. In there are a bunch of 'crypto_' functions and looks like BlowFish functions.
            https://docs.miva.com/mivascript

            Comment

            • robinemcd
              Mivite

              • Jun 2006
              • 148

              #7
              Thanks for this! Will check it out.
              ---------------------------------
              Robin McDermott, CQE
              Director of Training
              QualityTrainingPortal.com

              Comment

              • cpp-dev
                Mivite


                • Jun 2017
                • 178

                #8
                I also, almost forgot about the
                Code:
                mvt:do
                command. -- https://docs.miva.com/template-language/mvtdo

                Comment

                Working...
                X