Customer Order Confirmation Email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer Order Confirmation Email

Not sure how to do this. I want to have a statement on the customer order confirmation reiterating certain shipping policies (since shipping things are a nightmare right now). What templates would be involved with this? I would be copying the content from my Shipping & Returns Policy page content. Would there be content areas or a footer on the template(s) where I could put this?

Kathleen Steimle-Hermes
    , owner
    Miss Kate's Creations
    [email protected]
    www.misskatescreations.com

Handcrafted fabric covered photo albums, frames, brag books and MORE

You can find this in Order Fulfillment Settings | Template Based Emails | Order Confirmation: Customer. Place a check mark next to that item and then click the button to Edit Template. You can insert the text where you like in the template of the email, and it will be included on all outgoing messages of this type.
    Todd Gibson
    Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

personally, messages like this should go right before the final order confirmation page. not reading, and then being told AFTER you've ordered...kind of makes customers even madder than they are normally :)
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
        personally, messages like this should go right before the final order confirmation page. not reading, and then being told AFTER you've ordered...kind of makes customers even madder than they are normally :)
        Okay, how would I go about doing this and what template(s) would be involved. I used to have something years ago when it was still MM4 but I've never done this since evolving into MM10.2.

Kathleen Steimle-Hermes
        , owner
        Miss Kate's Creations
        [email protected]
        www.misskatescreations.com

Handcrafted fabric covered photo albums, frames, brag books and MORE

Comment

"I want to have a statement on the customer order confirmation ***reiterating*** certain shipping policies (since shipping things are a nightmare right now)." (my emphasis)

Good idea. We've done it forever and it can save a phone call or two or act as a polite reminder. Never had anyone be angry because of it.

Comment

Okay, how would I go about doing this and what template(s) would be involved. I used to have something years ago when it was still MM4 but I've never done this since evolving into MM10.2.
            If it were me, I would probably put this on the page where the customer selects the shipping and payment method. That would give them the information before they commit to giving you their credit card number. That page template is OSEL. You can look through that page's code and determine where you want to place your text. Insert it there, and save the page.
            Todd Gibson
            Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

Working...
            X