Fatal error in ouisub.mvc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatal error in ouisub.mvc

Fatal error in ouisub.mvc @ [00000496:0000002a]: distouisub.mvd.ts: Line 5034: Array index must be positive integer

Today our online store is down, I've called our web host (Hostway) about it but they have to escalate me and lord knows how long it will take to get resolved. Maybe someone on this list knows what this error means and can offer a suggestion that I can pass on to Hostway's support folks?

I changed nothing on the site or in our Miva settings.

Re: Fatal error in ouisub.mvc

Dear Wplate,

Not sure if this will do anygood, but try Packing your Store Files until you get a Completion Message.
    Thank You,

Nerd Boy

http://www.nerdboyinc.com

1-855-Nerd-Boy

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion, unfortunately that results in an error too.

Miva Merchant has encountered a fatal error and is unable to continue. The following information may assist you in determining the cause of the error:

Error Code: MER-DTB-00254
      Description: Index 'ord_id.mvx00000001' was created with the UNIQUE flag and the key '27872' already exists in the index file

Comment

You have more then one order in your order datafile using order number 27872.

You can try deleting all orders using 27872, which works sometimes. If that doesn't work the orders will need to be manually deleted from the order datafiles.

--
        Thank you,
        Gary Hodder
        Support
        --
        CybrHost Corp. - http://www.cybrhost.com/ - [email protected]
        +1-866-300-MIVA - Professional Miva & E-Commerce web hosting services.
        Premiere Hosting Partner Since 1999

Comment

Dear Wplate,

On top of what Gary said, you will also need to clean out the Orphans.dbf file.

We offer a Database Clean Up Service if you get to the point that you want to go that route. You can contact us off forum for more information.
          Thank You,

Nerd Boy

1-855-Nerd-Boy

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions. I looked in Store>Utilities>OpenOrders to see about removing the order number, but that page also has a fatal error in it. I guess I have to wait for our web host to get to the bottom of their issue. :-(

How painful would it be to migrate our store to Cybrhost? I have several modules installed and our current host is running MM 4.24/MVM 4.1408

Comment

its not painful at all. We do site transfers for free every week. Everything gets transfered when the store/site is moved.

But you can also try locating the duplicate order under Order Processing under Unbatched Orders or under Orders if the order is in a batch. Sometimes you can get them deleted there rather then OpenOrders.

If this duplicate was caused by deleting expired baskets and recovering lost order numbers then Nerd boy is correct the Orphans.dbf would contain other recovered order numbers which could recreate the problem again so it should be emptied.
              --
              Thank you,
              Gary Hodder
              Support
              --

Comment

Dear Wplate,

This may not be a Host issue, but a lack of doing Maintenance issue.
                Thank You,

Nerd Boy

1-855-Nerd-Boy

Comment

Thank you for pointing me to the unbatched orders list. I didn't find a duplicate order there but I went ahead and deleted order 27872 and following that I was able to pack the data files.

It didn't solve the overall problem, though, I still have the fatal error on our store.

I'll look closely at the Cybrhost web site to learn about your hosting service.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Boy Inc View Post
                    Dear Wplate,

Could very well be, I certainly don't perform any maintenance on our store. It never occurred to me that I would need to.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Boy Inc View Post
                      Dear Wplate,

For my knowledge improvement can you advise what kinds of regular maintenance are suggested?

Comment

In this order...

1) Delete expired shopping baskets (DON'T recover order numbers), then

2) Pack data files at the DOMAIN level, then

3) Pack data files at the STORE level.

then go to open maintenance in your Store -> Utilities) and you will see three tabs (Standard Store Tables, Standard Domain Tables, Store Module Tables).

click the first tab, then click the Checkmark with a + sign under the word pack, which will check all boxes.

Scroll to the bottom of the page, then click the Start Pack button.

It will take a few minutes to go through. When ti is done, click the next tab at the top (Standard Domain Tables) click the Check mark, and then click Start pack. When that is finished, go to the thir tab (Store Module Tables) and do the same thing.

Hope this helps.
                        Mark Romero
                        ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Thank you. Once the store is back up I will perform the rest of these steps, right now I can only do 1-3. When I go to OpenMaintenance I get

Fatal error in /Merchant2/4.24/modules/ui/oui.mvc @ [000005da:0000006e]: distoui.mvd.ts: Line 4370: Structure member name must not be empty

Comment

What do you get when you click "Pack Datafiles" under utilities and also try the Pack Datafiles under the domain utilities which is not the utilities under your Store.

--
                            Thank you,
                            Gary Hodder
                            Support
                            --

Comment

I get a success message both times.

Comment

Working...
                              X